• Welcome to MacanEVowners! If you're joining us from Taycanforum.com, then you may already have an account here.

If you were registered on Taycanforum as of January 24, 2024 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password

If you wish, you can remove your account here.

XPEL Ultimate PPF Install

adrnlyn

First Name
lynn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
macan 4 ev, boxster s, tr6, silverado 2500 desiel, tahoe
Country flag
What do ya’ll think of just doing nose? and hatch entry area? I did hatch entry area on old one myself 5 years ago and still looks great. Obtw, how do I get it off?

Sahajesh

First Name
Sahajesh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW iX3
Country flag
😮😮 You must be mad!! 😁
That’s cheap compared to UK - here it’s likely to be £4k or so minimum.

I always lease/PCP so anything more than a ceramic coat is just a waste of money.

AllanG

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Porsche Macan S in Crayon
Country flag
To my mind, any treatment or covering is a waste of money, as it’s just a car, not some precious artefact! 😁

Great_Cookie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nil - Macan 4 EV (Sept '24 Production)
Country flag
Thank a BUNDLE for taking the time to post this n4v4nod!

Do you know if your installer removed some of the trim to PPF some of the parts? e.g. seems lilke the frunk logo was removed to PPF it clean, but can't tell with the other parts - what ever they did, it looks GOOD!

This is officially now my 'gold standard' and you can be assured i'll be referencing (and perhaps sending) it to my installer (in Malaysia) as to what i'm expecting (no pressure) 😅 .

Here's a quick YouTube of the install in my garage. I ran errands all day today so excuse the random small bug here and there. I will try to do another outside tomorrow when I have more light. My installer, Roadrunner is the absolute best! Attention to detail is unbelievable.

Last edited: