• Welcome to MacanEVowners! If you're joining us from Taycanforum.com, then you may already have an account here.

If you were registered on Taycanforum as of January 24, 2024 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password

If you wish, you can remove your account here.

Watch collectors - let's talk watches here!

SCD

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911S Cabriolet, Cayenne
Country flag
My son is in high school and has expressed interest in a good everyday watch. I'm thinking something like a Seiko 5 might be a good choice. Any thoughts or recommendations on other watches to consider?

AyTifosi

First Name
Marlon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan S, 2022 Taycan GTS
Country flag
Seiko 5 would be an awesome choice. G-Shocks are truly bullet proof too. Depends on the look he wants, but for price and quality you couldn't go wrong with either.

Reactions: SCD

raharris

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Raptor, Macan S, Taycan Turbo, Cayenne Turbo GT
Country flag
Finally got a decent photo of both TAG Heuer x Porsche watches.

Analog (to match my Boxster S 550 Spyder 50th Anniversary Edition) versus digital (to match Taycan 4S), WDYT?

PXL_20221207_145640900.jpg
PXL_20220903_205008722.jpg
Out of curiosity, how do you switch between cars? Can you do that on the watch, or do you have to select it within the connected app?

mutanthands

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, Suzuki Cara
Country flag
My son is in high school and has expressed interest in a good everyday watch. I'm thinking something like a Seiko 5 might be a good choice. Any thoughts or recommendations on other watches to consider?
Seiko 5 is an excellent choice.
The Tissot PRX 40 (35mm Quartz) as a nice option, too. Makes me regret selling my Oysterquartz a few years ago!

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag
Seiko 5 would be an awesome choice. G-Shocks are truly bullet proof too. Depends on the look he wants, but for price and quality you couldn't go wrong with either.
Great suggestions here (also the Tissot suggestion in another post). I’d suggest you get him a full metal CasiOak. If you’re not familiar it’s a gshock that has styling reminiscent of a Royal Oak. One more possibility could be a Bulova Curv.

Macan EV Watch collectors - let's talk watches here! AAC14770-BBF0-4D40-ADE9-6E7CF23DB787

Macan EV Watch collectors - let's talk watches here! 3E25275F-63CC-4506-8A39-623751C4D436

OP
OP
Kayone73

Kayone73

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan CT4S, Kia Telluride EX, Tesla Model Y
Country flag
Made a pilgrimage to both Grand Seiko boutiques in NYC over the weekend (the original on Madison Ave and the Watches of Switzerland collab in SoHo). Had my WoS exclusive SBGM241 GMT on wrist:

Macan EV Watch collectors - let's talk watches here! IMG_20221211_153437

Macan EV Watch collectors - let's talk watches here! IMG_20221211_153504
Macan EV Watch collectors - let's talk watches here! IMG_20221211_153556

The sales staff at both stores were cool but I really enjoyed spending time at the much larger and newer SoHo boutique, they had a really interesting collection of much more rare pieces on display (everything was for sale BTW)

Macan EV Watch collectors - let's talk watches here! IMG_20221211_155331

Macan EV Watch collectors - let's talk watches here! IMG_20221211_155344

Macan EV Watch collectors - let's talk watches here! IMG_20221211_153739
Macan EV Watch collectors - let's talk watches here! IMG_20221211_153744

Reactions: Dee

Edward

First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Out of curiosity, how do you switch between cars? Can you do that on the watch, or do you have to select it within the connected app?
Selecting between cars can be done on the My Porsche app on the watch. Here's a screenshot where I can choose the Macan in my profile, for example:

Macan EV Watch collectors - let's talk watches here! scree

Obviously, there won't be as many watch-controllable features for ICE cars. It mirrors the functions that can be done through the My Porsche app on your phone.

raharris

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Raptor, Macan S, Taycan Turbo, Cayenne Turbo GT
Country flag
Selecting between cars can be done on the My Porsche app on the watch. Here's a screenshot where I can choose the Macan in my profile, for example:

screen.png

Obviously, there won't be as many watch-controllable features for ICE cars. It mirrors the functions that can be done through the My Porsche app on your phone.
Sweet, thank you. I can do quite a bit with the app on the Cayenne - including the remote park - cool seeing this stuff on an ICE :)

Sidicks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S1, Porsche Taycan ST GTS
Country flag
Currently have:
- Rolex GMT Master II BLNR (“Batman”)
- Longines Master collection L2.673.4.78.3
- IWC Portugieser Chronograph
- Tudor Pelagos
- Breitling Montbrillant
- Omega Seamaster
- Bell & Ross BR 03-92
- Dornblueth 99.5
- Dornblueth 99.6M Mondphase

I used to wear them every day, rotating regularly, but since I got an Apple watch I find myself only using them for special occasions and the nice watches stay in the safe - such a shame, I really must wear them more!!

Last edited:

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
Great suggestions here (also the Tissot suggestion in another post). I’d suggest you get him a full metal CasiOak. If you’re not familiar it’s a gshock that has styling reminiscent of a Royal Oak. One more possibility could be a Bulova Curv.

AAC14770-BBF0-4D40-ADE9-6E7CF23DB787.jpeg
That's a €550 Casio...?
I have the GM2100 (metal case but rubber strap which I replaced with a custom made leather strap) that's €160 right there.

Macan EV Watch collectors - let's talk watches here! g-shock-metal-covered-casioak-gm-2100-1aer-12957711

And I'm going to mod it with this cuz I don't like the case anymore...(and it has a nasty scratch on it):
Macan EV Watch collectors - let's talk watches here! Screenshot_20221217-223206

It's €120 for the case/bracelet (it's gen. 5).
That way it has the appearance of a Royal Oak and the great dial of the Casio (it's truly amazing what Casio has done here folks!?).
I'll post pics when it has arrived from China...?

Last edited:

JonnyG

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan
Country flag
Wow . . . . so many great watches. It just goes to show you that car enthusiasts are often car/Porsche/Taycan enthusiasts . . . .I'm not taking pics but own Rolex Sub, Raymond Weil limited edition day/date/moonphase, Raymond Weil limited edition (100) commemorative release (on his passing away) - number 32, Zenith El Primero, Hublot Classic Fusion, Cartier Santos, Hamilton Khaki X-wind. Wife owns Rolex Daydate and Cartier Tank Francaise. love them all!