• Welcome to MacanEVowners! If you're joining us from Taycanforum.com, then you may already have an account here.

If you were registered on Taycanforum as of January 24, 2024 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password

If you wish, you can remove your account here.

Watch collectors - let's talk watches here!

Pozuelo

First Name
Roberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo S, 2018 E63S Estate (S213), 2014 A45 (W176)
Country flag
Found my first stopwatch today, which I got for my tenth birthday (1970) as I was obsessed with math since I was very young. It is a Hanhart with 1/10 of a second accuracy. With this in hand, I timed the laps for my 1/87 HO scale Aurora race tracks and calculated the scale mph and km/h and filled notebooks with all the data. :giggle: About five years later I bought the Heuer electronic stopwatch with birthday money from my grandma ! Used it to time my racers on the same tracks and took them to see a few car races…
Macan EV Watch collectors - let's talk watches here! 495557D9-CF80-404F-AA43-E6B8D8AB6964

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag

Deleted member 4616

Currently have:
- Rolex GMT Master II BLNR (“Batman”)
- Longines Master collection L2.673.4.78.3
- IWC Portugieser Chronograph
- Tudor Pelagos
- Breitling Montbrillant
- Omega Seamaster
- Bell & Ross BR 03-92
- Dornblueth 99.5
- Dornblueth 99.6M Mondphase

I used to wear them every day, rotating regularly, but since I got an Apple watch I find myself only using them for special occasions and the nice watches stay in the safe - such a shame, I really must wear them more!!
While I had an iWatch it was one of those which didn’t display all the time and I ended up with it on my right wrist and a “proper” watch on my left.
In the end the touch screen face had the” jack of all trades master of the unwanted selection” too often and I gave it to my son.

I use a Withings smart watch now, with a face and hands, all the fitness stuff I need (ie not much) and a month battery life so now I don’t wear the “proper” watches at all.

kurand

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan RWD, Lotus Elise S1
Country flag
While I had an iWatch it was one of those which didn’t display all the time and I ended up with it on my right wrist and a “proper” watch on my left.
In the end the touch screen face had the” jack of all trades master of the unwanted selection” too often and I gave it to my son.

I use a Withings smart watch now, with a face and hands, all the fitness stuff I need (ie not much) and a month battery life so now I don’t wear the “proper” watches at all.
Agree - I have one of these but do wear mechanicals when I don't need the monitoring stuff.

Macan EV Watch collectors - let's talk watches here! IMG_1685

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
Agree - I have one of these but do wear mechanicals when I don't need the monitoring stuff.

IMG_1685.jpeg
I think that would look a bit better balanced and easier to read if the hour markers at 2, 4, 8 and 10 were dots and not batons.
Just imo...

XKSS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
jag xk120, Jag XKSS, Defender, Taycan CT4, +bikes
Country flag
I paid MSRP, I think it was 35k (US). Secondary market this watch is pretty insane. Not my most expensive watch, but the hardest one to get that I have had.
Out of interest how long were you on the waiting list for this ?