• Welcome to MacanEVowners! If you're joining us from Taycanforum.com, then you may already have an account here.

If you were registered on Taycanforum as of January 24, 2024 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password

If you wish, you can remove your account here.

Help me, I don't know which car to ask Santa for [GT4 RS or Emira?]

TIM

First Name
Philippe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes!
Country flag
Hi All,

I have a very difficult problem :CWL: :CWL: , I want to buy me another car in addition to my Taycan Turbo, this car will be more Track - Hill-Climbing oriented.

So far I have on my list the GT4 RS
Macan EV Help me, I don't know which car to ask Santa for [GT4 RS or Emira?] RS_1
Macan EV Help me, I don't know which car to ask Santa for [GT4 RS or Emira?] RS_2
Macan EV Help me, I don't know which car to ask Santa for [GT4 RS or Emira?] RS_3
Macan EV Help me, I don't know which car to ask Santa for [GT4 RS or Emira?] RS_4

Or the Lotus Emira (click "Lade" and my config is jW3jQzqL)
Macan EV Help me, I don't know which car to ask Santa for [GT4 RS or Emira?] Emira-1
Macan EV Help me, I don't know which car to ask Santa for [GT4 RS or Emira?] Emira-2
Macan EV Help me, I don't know which car to ask Santa for [GT4 RS or Emira?] Emira-3
Macan EV Help me, I don't know which car to ask Santa for [GT4 RS or Emira?] Emira-4
Macan EV Help me, I don't know which car to ask Santa for [GT4 RS or Emira?] Emira-5

My pro's of the GT4 RS
  • PORSCHE !!!
  • Track car
  • Exceptional handling
  • Good investment (should not loose to much value over the time)
  • six-point seat belt and roll cage
My con's of the GT4 RS
  • Look maybe too "track oriented"
  • Maybe overkill for my driving abilities (live to drive fast on open and winding roads, but a neophyte for track)
  • Maintenance cost
  • ~65'000 ā‚¬ more than the Lotus Emira

My pro's of the Lotus Emira
  • Gorgeous design
  • Price (value for money)
  • Car ?is? track oriented
  • Lower maintenance cost
  • Could be the right fit for my driving abilities
My con's of the Lotus Emira
  • No six-point belt / roll-cage
  • Resale value
  • not as sharp as the GT4 RS
What would be your choice?

For those who have Porsche and Lotus car: what's your experience, what would you recommend? How is the fiability with Lotus?

All comments / remarks welcome

I wish you all a Happy Christmas.

targaben

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, GT4, Macan
Country flag
Hi All,

I have a very difficult problem :CWL: :CWL: , I want to buy me another car in addition to my Taycan Turbo, this car will be more Track - Hill-Climbing oriented.

So far I have on my list the GT4 RS
RS_1.jpg
RS_2.jpg
RS_3.jpg
RS_4.jpg

Or the Lotus Emira (click "Lade" and my config is jW3jQzqL)
Emira-1.jpg
Emira-2.jpg
Emira-3.jpg
Emira-4.jpg
Emira-5.jpg

My pro's of the GT4 RS
  • PORSCHE !!!
  • Track car
  • Exceptional handling
  • Good investment (should not loose to much value over the time)
  • six-point seat belt and roll cage
My con's of the GT4 RS
  • Look maybe too "track oriented"
  • Maybe overkill for my driving abilities (live to drive fast on open and winding roads, but a neophyte for track)
  • Maintenance cost
  • ~65'000 ā‚¬ more than the Lotus Emira

My pro's of the Lotus Emira
  • Gorgeous design
  • Price (value for money)
  • Car ?is? track oriented
  • Lower maintenance cost
  • Could be the right fit for my driving abilities
My con's of the Lotus Emira
  • No six-point belt / roll-cage
  • Resale value
  • not as sharp as the GT4 RS
What would be your choice?

For those who have Porsche and Lotus car: what's your experience, what would you recommend? How is the fiability with Lotus?

All comments / remarks welcome

I wish you all a Happy Christmas.
GT4 RS. 100%
Tried getting one in uk but allocations already taken. Itā€™s going to be one to have if you can get one.

you can always improve your driving skills, you may need to as itā€™s a 500hp beast.

O2TheL

First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lots of Ducati, LR Defender, Audi S5, Taycan 4S
Country flag
Ah what a lovely dilemma!

I owned an Elise for several years and have a real soft spot for that. It made me a better driver because I had to rely on technique on the track - why do F1 champions all come from Karting?

Here in the US resale values on Lotus cars is really good, so I would not necessarily have that as a con, but I'm not sure about Switzerland.

I think the Lotus will be a little more fragile (additional con), but potentially a bit more special

Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan S; 2021 Taycan 4S; 2023 911 GTS Cab
Country flag
I had an Elise in ā€˜05 and almost replaced it with a Cayman in ā€˜06.
Macan EV Help me, I don't know which car to ask Santa for [GT4 RS or Emira?] FE163B0F-863E-4832-A597-3976CBD9FFE8

[Iā€™m the taller oneā€¦]

I had a similar dilemma recently as the 718, 911, and Emira were all on my short list (decided on 911).

I really loved my Elise. The weight and size in the Emira seems really high, such that if I went in that direction, Iā€™d probably just pick up a used Elise instead. But maybe I need to reserve judgement since I didnā€™t drive one.

The other big factor for me though is local service. I donā€™t have much confidence in having good local service for Lotus. Nothing against Lotus or the local dealer, but I donā€™t know if theyā€™ll be around in a couple of years or not. I have much more confidence in my Porsche dealer. This aspect will probably vary greatly by region.

Iā€™m not looking for a track car either. I just want a manual cab. Emira lost the cab aspect for me tooā€¦but I may have still considered it if it were closer to the Elise.

PorscheCH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
992 tts, taycan turbo, G63
Country flag
GT4RS is tip top. No doubt. The Emira looks gorgeous but is same weight at 1400+ kg and -100 hp. Also itā€™s a fully new model and I would have some concern about reliability (I am not a Lotus expert though). I had the 991.2 GT3RS, sooo much fun. I donā€™t think the cayman will be much different. :)