• Welcome to MacanEVowners! If you're joining us from Taycanforum.com, then you may already have an account here.

If you were registered on Taycanforum as of January 24, 2024 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password

If you wish, you can remove your account here.

Tesla Responsible for 70% of Driver Assist Crashes

gnop1950

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4s
Country flag
Tesla Responsible for 70% of Driver Assist Crashes while Tesla has more EVs on the road than anyone, still, the article found that the rate per 1000 vehicles was higher than competitors. That may, at least partially, be because of the way Tesla has promoted "Self-Driving" technology. Personally, I'm still very far from trusting any manufacturer's self-driving software.

But most, like Porsche, promote their "driver assistance" technology and don't claim any "self-driving" features with the possible exception of auto parking.

FrozenRobert

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan S Cherry Red
Country flag
Not surprised. My 2022 Tesla Model 3 has the Beta of 'Self Driving' and it scares the crap out of me. I never use it. Totally "not ready for prime-time".

My 2016 MB 350GLE SUV has Level 1 auto driving, and does a much better job -- with 7 year old technology. Hmm. Ain't that something?

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
I think FSD should never be implemented - ever. Autopilot was great in my Tesla for road trips just to keep the car in the lane. Way to many variables to let a car do 100% everything with zero human interaction.

Teens, texting, eating, hacking it, severe weather, animals/people in road, debris and pot hole avoidance, curb smashing, etc....