• Welcome to MacanEVowners! If you're joining us from Taycanforum.com, then you may already have an account here.

If you were registered on Taycanforum as of January 24, 2024 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password

If you wish, you can remove your account here.

Turbo vs 4 (UK)

Ross

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS - Audi Etron
Country flag
To match the spec of a Turbo you need, in the UK, to add the following to Mac4

Paint
21 wheels
Leather
18 way
Air Sus
Noise
Chrono
PS+
Matrix
Auto Dim
Heated GT wheel
Bose
Race tex roof lining
Glossy black mirrors

About £12,000

I might have missed something.

So if you want all that on a Mac 4 the Turbo is only £13,000 more expensive.

For the record
I want:
Paint
18 way
Heated GT wheel
Auto dim
Matrix
(£3500)

So Turbo is £21500 more for me.

I Definitely don’t want

Leather
Noise
Bose
Chrono
Big wheels
Race Tex roof
Glossy mirrors.

Not sure about
Air Sus….?
Or PS+

Other options I am ignoring for this post as they cost the same on both models.

Hope this helps.

Gnasher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
Sounds good - do have a look when the other two models come out. If you aren't after AWD it might be cheaper still to go for a base and option it up.

Finbo

First Name
Finlay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Cross Turismo
Country flag
Personally could not agree more, my spec on a basic is £80k while Turbo was £99k. All for a faster car and one that I think will depreciate faster than the basic with £10k extras. Will be interesting to see PCP on both

OP
OP
Ross

Ross

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS - Audi Etron
Country flag
Sounds good - do have a look when the other two models come out. If you aren't after AWD it might be cheaper still to go for a base and option it up.
I have to order asap and the 4 is great for me as I drive to the mountains for skiing
and live 'North of the Wall' . As John Snow says, 'Winter is coming'.............
Global warming wont make the North of England like California just yet.
As we know tyres are far more important than 4WD is winter so I would be looking VERY
closely at the 2WD if I could get it sooner. I might flip if it is launched before my spec is locked
on the 4 and its 5k cheaper....? And I get it (nearly) as quick as the 4WD.
(Bet its only 2k cheaper)

Gone are the days when I 'flash the cash' up the range
Just lost £37k in 2 years on my GTS but that is compensated by my previous 4S going up 6K
in the previous 2 years
Luckily I have a finance package with a balloon payment/guaranteed future value of £75,000
on 31/5/24
I am obviously not buying it for that with cash or refinancing as its actually worth less than £70k!
Thats 70k NOW! - it will be LESS in 3 and 1/2 months.

I am already cycling to work for 3 months at least, luckily in the summer, and fighting with my wife over 'her' car on evenings, weekends and days off!

Not waiting until December for a Macan 2WD and cycling in the cold, wet and dark!

OP
OP
Ross

Ross

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS - Audi Etron
Country flag
Personally could not agree more, my spec on a basic is £80k while Turbo was £99k. All for a faster car and one that I think will depreciate faster than the basic with £10k extras. Will be interesting to see PCP on both
I am going cheaper by the day on the configurator.
Base Black with Crayon Beige (nice combo?) base trim interior, dont like leather.
8 ways. My first Taycan had 8 way seats and they were absolutely great
Driver Memory pack is included I think. A must for me with 8 ways.
Doesn't say it anywhere but the
buttons are on the drivers door on the configurator and you cant add it..?

So the only things I want to pay for that are 'free' on the turbo are,
Auto dim, (manual dim SO cheap)
Matrix lights(After the Taycan GTS I must have them, they are magical)
Race Tex GT heated wheel and PS+
Less than £2000 so turbo not worth £23,000 upgrade for Loony Tune speed
(For me at least)

I have added Surround park as I scuffed my 21' RS Spyders in a car park last week.:mad:
Only other extras Innodrive and partition net. Thats it.

Price £74,500
My Audi Etron (bottom of the range cheapest one the 50) was £54,000 4 years ago and has a range of 150 miles! 0-60 in about 7 seconds but it is SO quick of the line. 4WD and
Air Suspension.
The only thing on the Audi that wont be on the Macan...... I might change my mind?

Turbo would be £97.500 ish with what I want
Not worth it for me, still in a Macan, truly a veritable bargain way into an EV Porsche c/w Taycans and Turbos.
Less is more for me.

Gnasher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
I have to order asap and the 4 is great for me as I drive to the mountains for skiing
and live 'North of the Wall' . As John Snow says, 'Winter is coming'.............
Global warming wont make the North of England like California just yet.
As we know tyres are far more important than 4WD is winter so I would be looking VERY
closely at the 2WD if I could get it sooner. I might flip if it is launched before my spec is locked
on the 4 and its 5k cheaper....? And I get it (nearly) as quick as the 4WD.
(Bet its only 2k cheaper)

Gone are the days when I 'flash the cash' up the range
Just lost £37k in 2 years on my GTS but that is compensated by my previous 4S going up 6K
in the previous 2 years
Luckily I have a finance package with a balloon payment/guaranteed future value of £75,000
on 31/5/24
I am obviously not buying it for that with cash or refinancing as its actually worth less than £70k!
Thats 70k NOW! - it will be LESS in 3 and 1/2 months.

I am already cycling to work for 3 months at least, luckily in the summer, and fighting with my wife over 'her' car on evenings, weekends and days off!

Not waiting until December for a Macan 2WD and cycling in the cold, wet and dark!
I am told the 4S and RWD launch when the demonstrators come, given there are no actual confirmed build slots as yet (that i am aware of) my dealer told me to put in the order on the 4 and then they will just flip onto the 4S and shouldn't be much more of a wait.

Interesting to see if you did get one of the first cars if it would actually go up in value as a used one for people who didn't sign up to be on the list and want one now!

Maybe you should buy an old banger for a couple of months ?

OP
OP
Ross

Ross

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS - Audi Etron
Country flag
I am told the 4S and RWD launch when the demonstrators come, given there are no actual confirmed build slots as yet (that i am aware of) my dealer told me to put in the order on the 4 and then they will just flip onto the 4S and shouldn't be much more of a wait.

Interesting to see if you did get one of the first cars if it would actually go up in value as a used one for people who didn't sign up to be on the list and want one now!

Maybe you should buy an old banger for a couple of months ?
All the above is possible. There are rumours of a price rise soon too.
Porsche might have realised they have underpriced it (especially compared with Taycan ll)
as demand is high. If pushing back the order means I dont get the first wave of pricing the 2WD could end the same price or even more expensive than the 4..?

Bennie

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan ST RWD, MINI Cooper S, Harley Davidson FLDE
Country flag
In the Netherlands there is already an increase of the price of € 4.445,—. Porsche calls it “expected rise of price change of modelyear”, code MS3. You can’t order a 4 or turbo without paying this extra amount…