• Welcome to MacanEVowners! If you're joining us from Taycanforum.com, then you may already have an account here.

If you were registered on Taycanforum as of January 24, 2024 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password

If you wish, you can remove your account here.

Slate Grey Neo versus Ice Grey Metallic

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I don't think there is a way to get the offroad package and black rails right? Either Vesuvius grey or Turbolite. Shame as I would not want to introduce another grey if I end up going with Slate....
You can do just the Off-road Front Fasica under Exterior Options. Still improves bank over angle/ground clearance. The ground clearance gained from the off-road package is SOLELY due to the Front Fascia being higher off the ground, the other changes are purely aesthetic.

OP
OP

ChicagoEV

First Name
Pav
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Turbo; RS7; Nissan GTR; Rivian R1-S
Country flag
Is that possible on the Web configurator? I had read it was on here but when I go to the exterior options, it is not appearing for me.

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Is that possible on the Web configurator? I had read it was on here but when I go to the exterior options, it is not appearing for me.
I double checked. Apparently not on the Turbo, but all other models you can.

On the Turbo you can do Offroad Package in Exterior Color w/ Black Roof Rails. You then get the choice of Lower Rear Fascia in Exterior Color, High Gloss Black, or Turbonite.

You cannot do the Vesuvius Grey and black roof rails.

OP
OP

ChicagoEV

First Name
Pav
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thank you - that's my route. I think I am leaning toward the Slate option but I will head to the dealer next week to see if they have a sample.

OP
OP

ChicagoEV

First Name
Pav
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I double checked. Apparently not on the Turbo, but all other models you can.

On the Turbo you can do Offroad Package in Exterior Color w/ Black Roof Rails. You then get the choice of Lower Rear Fascia in Exterior Color, High Gloss Black, or Turbonite.

You cannot do the Vesuvius Grey and black roof rails.
So I wish there was a way to do the Ice Grey Metallic + black side rails + offroad package. Even though this car will be mostly urban, there are horrific roads where I drive and I think the improved angles would be helpful. I really think the gloss black side blades look the best on the Ice Grey Metallic. On the Slate Grey Neo, I am pretty indifferent between the exterior color blades or black ones. I spent some time staring at my neighbors 911 in ice grey today - it had a lovely grey hue to it for the first time as it normally looks sparkling white.

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
So I wish there was a way to do the Ice Grey Metallic + black side rails + offroad package. Even though this car will be mostly urban, there are horrific roads where I drive and I think the improved angles would be helpful. I really think the gloss black side blades look the best on the Ice Grey Metallic. On the Slate Grey Neo, I am pretty indifferent between the exterior color blades or black ones. I spent some time staring at my neighbors 911 in ice grey today - it had a lovely grey hue to it for the first time as it normally looks sparkling white.
I'm ordering Ice Grey and I think the side blades in exterior color are by far the best option, fwiw. If you end up regretting not getting black, the painted sideblades can be wrapped or painted for a minimal cost.

OP
OP

ChicagoEV

First Name
Pav
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I'm ordering Ice Grey and I think the side blades in exterior color are by far the best option, fwiw. If you end up regretting not getting black, the painted sideblades can be wrapped or painted for a minimal cost.
That's a very good point. I assume you are getting the rear wiper based on where you live though every time I have been through Seattle for my annual climbs in the Cascades, it's been getting warmer and sunnier! Are you doing the off-road package?

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
That's a very good point. I assume you are getting the rear wiper based on where you live though every time I have been through Seattle for my annual climbs in the Cascades, it's been getting warmer and sunnier! Are you doing the off-road package?
I'm doing a 4S and just the off road front fascia. I am not doing a rear wiper, I've never found the need and value the insulated acoustic glass more.

OP
OP

ChicagoEV

First Name
Pav
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I'm doing a 4S and just the off road front fascia. I am not doing a rear wiper, I've never found the need and value the insulated acoustic glass more.
We get enough snow that I think I unfortunately have to spec it. I would go for the insulated glass normally as I have it on my Cayenne Turbo and like it a lot.

Station

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan GTS
Country flag
I'm assuming you saw this but if not.. and
Neither of these 911's are Slate Grey Neo. SGNeo is not available on 911's even from the Paint to Sample catalog. SGN is a brand new color and until someone gets a Macan ev in this color, it will be tough to comprehend. It's closest to the Arctic Grey of the Cayenne Hybrid.

Last edited:
OP
OP

ChicagoEV

First Name
Pav
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Slate Grey Neo is available at a slight upcharge as a standard color on the 911 GTS Hybrid. You can see it in the configurator and these are indeed the right color.

Station

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan GTS
Country flag
Slate Grey Neo is available at a slight upcharge as a standard color on the 911 GTS Hybrid. You can see it in the configurator and these are indeed the right color.
Noted. Thanks for clarifying my mistake.

It's always difficult to ascertain how a color will "show" on the shape of the body. Aventurine is my 2nd choice. (and a safer choice). SGNeo first.

ALTHOUGH, as pretty as Aventurine is, it was a color Buick used for years. And I can't get that out of my head.

Below, 2 Buicks in "Aventurine Green" followed by a confirmed Slate Grey Neo in Thomas' Autogefuhl video.

Macan EV Slate Grey Neo versus Ice Grey Metallic Screen Shot 2024-08-14 at 8.52.21 AM

Macan EV Slate Grey Neo versus Ice Grey Metallic JPEG ima

Macan EV Slate Grey Neo versus Ice Grey Metallic JPEG image 3

Last edited:
OP
OP

ChicagoEV

First Name
Pav
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I 100% agree with your thoughts on body shape and color. I am attracted to the Slate Grey Neo but I think it would look great on a smaller sportier car but I am far less certain on an SUV where I see similar flat paints on pickups and don't like them at all.

Noted. Thanks for clarifying my mistake.

It's always difficult to ascertain how a color will "show" on the shape of the body. Aventurine is my 2nd choice. (and a safer choice). SGNeo first.

ALTHOUGH, as pretty as Aventurine is, it was a color Buick used for years. And I can't get that out of my head.

Below, 2 Buicks in "Aventurine Green" followed by a confirmed Slate Grey Neo in Thomas' Autogefuhl video.

Screen Shot 2024-08-14 at 8.52.21 AM.jpg

JPEG image.jpeg

JPEG image 3.png