• Welcome to MacanEVowners! If you're joining us from Taycanforum.com, then you may already have an account here.

If you were registered on Taycanforum as of January 24, 2024 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password

If you wish, you can remove your account here.
Sponsored

1 week with Macan EV Turbo coming from Tesla Model S... wow what a difference

fsabek

First Name
Fuwad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Tesla model s, macan ev turbo waiting for software update at dealership
Country flag
Has been exactly one week since I took delivery of my turbo. Had to drive my model s Tesla to have it returned at the end of its lease. WOW what a difference. Even though both have same power and acceleration. To summarize the difference the Tesla is boring very unengaging extremely numb no road feed back steering horrible terrible interior quality of material and build. One pedal driving is so annoying.

Can’t believe how I at one point in my life was so impressed by Tesla and was a huge fan of it and even worse I was debating whether to order my turbo or not worried about missing the Teslas technology and FSD!!!!

Let the Porsche dream come true continue!!!!

Diego

First Name
Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan 4
Country flag
Same here (even the comparison is made between Macan 4 and Tesla M3LR).
The thing I recognize to Tesla is to have opened my mind to EV cars with an the say (maybe too easy) vehicle that has some negative aspects on the driving and pleasure side.

OP
OP

fsabek

First Name
Fuwad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Same here (even the comparison is made between Macan 4 and Tesla M3LR).
The thing I recognize to Tesla is to have opened my mind to EV cars with an the say (maybe too easy) vehicle that has some negative aspects on the driving and pleasure side.
I agree 100%. The model s Tesla experience changed my car/driving prospective for ever!!! By introducing me to the EV and assisted driving. Till I drove the Macan the model s was the fastest most advanced fun car I even drove. Need to give it the credit it deserves.

Yves

First Name
Yves
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW iX / Audi Q7
Country flag
I agree 100%. The model s Tesla experience changed my car/driving prospective for ever!!! By introducing me to the EV and assisted driving. Till I drove the Macan the model s was the fastest most advanced fun car I even drove. Need to give it the credit it deserves.
Hmm my Model X was my introduction to EV, hated that car, yes it was fast as a rocket, but all the rest was so/so, after 9 month’s I could not stand it anymore and went back to a German premium car, an iX, love that car … still have it after 2+ years … my wife is waiting to drive it when the Macan arrives … I guess that will be my primary driver … though the iX will become the car that collects all the majority of the km’s … gonna try to keep the km’s low on the Porsche … nah who am I kidding …

OP
OP

fsabek

First Name
Fuwad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Hmm my Model X was my introduction to EV, hated that car, yes it was fast as a rocket, but all the rest was so/so, after 9 month’s I could not stand it anymore and went back to a German premium car, an iX, love that car … still have it after 2+ years … my wife is waiting to drive it when the Macan arrives … I guess that will be my primary driver … though the iX will become the car that collects all the majority of the km’s … gonna try to keep the km’s low on the Porsche … nah who am I kidding …
BTY the ix is an amazing ev. Performance and handling comparable to the Macan ev. Their top range ix m60 is as fast and handles as good as a Macan ev turbo and similar price but larger with the size of an x 5 or cayane. However I hate the way its vertical long grill beaver like look it has!!!

Yves

First Name
Yves
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW iX / Audi Q7
Country flag
BTY the ix is an amazing ev. Performance and handling comparable to the Macan ev. Their top range ix m60 is as fast and handles as good as a Macan ev turbo and similar price but larger with the size of an x 5 or cayane. However I hate the way its vertical long grill beaver like look it has!!!
Yeah I blacked out the beaver like grill, it looks OK now … 130 euro’s well spent 😂