• Welcome to MacanEVowners! If you're joining us from Taycanforum.com, then you may already have an account here.

If you were registered on Taycanforum as of January 24, 2024 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password

If you wish, you can remove your account here.
Sponsored

4S rear drive unit is attached directly to the body (like the Turbo)

LivingTheDream

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 718 Boxster
Country flag
When the 4 and Turbo were introduced, it was noted that the rear motor was mounted differently for the two models. For the 4, the drive unit is mounted within the chassis subframe. For the Turbo, the drive unit is rotated around the vehicle’s transverse axis (positioning it as far to the rear as possible) and attached directly to the body via four mounting points.

While reading a review of the newest Macans in Autocar, I noted the reference to a "rigid-mounted drive motor" for the 4S. Curious, I did some digging and sure enough, the rear motor for the 4S is, like the Turbo, mounted directly to the body (see this article in the Porsche Newsroom). Not sure if it's also rotated to the rear as in the Turbo (the Newsroom article is a bit vague on this), but the 4S does get the same mounting point.

I've not seen this reported anywhere else, so I thought the forum would like to know.

meerec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan GTS MY22 I Macan 4S PSZUSJE6 Jet Black
Country flag
Not sure if it's also rotated to the rear as in the Turbo (the Newsroom article is a bit vague on this)
It actually is quite clear on this point: “At the rear axle, Porsche developed the ‘Performance’ styling for the Macan. The electric motor has been rotated around the vehicle’s transverse axis and positioned as far to the rear as possible.”

Thanks for sharing.