• Welcome to MacanEVowners! If you're joining us from Taycanforum.com, then you may already have an account here.

If you were registered on Taycanforum as of January 24, 2024 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password

If you wish, you can remove your account here.

A peek at my Macan 4 and driving impressions of tester

TaraC

First Name
Tara
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan 4
Sharing here since it has been a great source for me the last few months :)

My Macan 4 finally arrived. While it PDI won't be complete until Monday, I paid for it last night and got a chance to drive the tester.

My build: Macan 4, Copper Ruby, Chalk/Black extended leather, Sport Chrono, 4 wheel steering, Burmeister, 22" RS wheels with A/S Continental CrossContact, electric sound. Insulated glass. No heads up display

Tester I drove: Macan 4, 22" wheels, Sport Chrono, extended leather, heads up display, No 4 wheel steering or insulated glass

Visual impressions: The car is beautiful in person. Like most P-cars it's not in your face and could easily blend in amongst a crowd, but it's classy and clean looking. It definitely gives off quiet luxury vibes.

It's prettiest from the front and back. Those are the angles look feel most Porsche to me. The side angle is the least attractive mostly bc the back looks swollen. One reviewer said it looks like the old Macan was stung by a bee. I think this is true. That leads to aggressive vibes from the from and back but less desirable vibes on the side.

One design perspective> Personally I'm glad I didn't spec the roof rails. In person it looks sportier and more hot hatch like (especially in sport plus lowered to the ground) without rails. With the rails it looks more like an suv and yet not off-road-ish.

I think the extended leather is the sweet spot. I personally don't notice the side doors not being leather clad, but the dash (which you constantly look at) definitely feels nicer with extended. The dash stitching with extended adds a touch of elegance too.

The back is roomier than the old Macan, but it still feels compact. Fine for children riding regularly, but if you have full grown teenagers or adults rising regularly on anything other than short hops I wouldn't call it family friendly.

Driving impressions: I was worried I would be underwhelmed by the 4 but went with it because its a daily driver and I didn't want to wait on a Turbo allocation. The 4 is quick, but not fast. It doesn't throw you back in the seat but it is very responsive and feels like sports car - just not a track car. This is my first electric car and I honestly found the acceleration at full speed a little disorienting. I've driven far faster cars but the lack of engine noise I think leaves you a bit disconnected from the force pulling you forward. I only experienced this from a full stop though. The speed and acceleration did not affect me that way while driving. I tried the Porsche sound to see if that would add some feedback back and honestly I found it so quiet I hardly noticed it even in sports plus. I'll share more feedback on the sound once I take delivery.

The steering is impeccable and very Porsche like. The ride quality was buttery in normal even with 22" on okay but not great roads. In sports plus you can feel more, but I still found ride quality to be pretty great. My tester had the heads up display and after one look I was glad I didn't option it. I had it on my last car and was just okay with it. It's so big and crisp on the Macan I found it beautiful but very distracting. I am buying the Macan because I want a fun daily driver and an ev that doesn't feel like an iPad on wheels. The giant heads up felt video game-ish to me. I actually asked my SA to turn it off after just a few minutes in the car.

More soon.

P.S. The interior pics are from the tester.

Electric Macan EV A peek at my Macan 4 and driving impressions of tester IMG_0112

Electric Macan EV A peek at my Macan 4 and driving impressions of tester IMG_0111

Electric Macan EV A peek at my Macan 4 and driving impressions of tester IMG_0226

Electric Macan EV A peek at my Macan 4 and driving impressions of tester IMG_0054

Electric Macan EV A peek at my Macan 4 and driving impressions of tester IMG_0053

Electric Macan EV A peek at my Macan 4 and driving impressions of tester IMG_0052

Electric Macan EV A peek at my Macan 4 and driving impressions of tester IMG_0046

Electric Macan EV A peek at my Macan 4 and driving impressions of tester IMG_0043

Electric Macan EV A peek at my Macan 4 and driving impressions of tester IMG_0041