• Welcome to MacanEVowners! If you're joining us from Taycanforum.com, then you may already have an account here.

If you were registered on Taycanforum as of January 24, 2024 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password

If you wish, you can remove your account here.

Auto Camera ON when parking

macanchan

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
My camera is set to turn on Automatically when parking, it just doesn't want to turn on unless I stop in the middle of parking and move again.

I also noticed the surround side view cameras doesn't always come on, you have to select the parking camera icon on the left menu for it to appear, touching this icon also switches between camera ON and a black screen with the warning visuals.

Other than that, I find it easier to turn the parking camera ON before turning into a spot. I just wish this would automatically turn ON earlier. Of course, it can be annoying if the camera turns ON every time you're below a set speed limit.

What are your thoughts?

krissrock

First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi TT Roadster, Ducati Panigale, Cheverolet Trailblazer, Kia Sportage Hybrid
Country flag
this is something i just noticed with my wife car (kia). She will get the proximity warnings when parking, but the cameras don't always turn on (unless you're reversing - they always come on in reverse)
But i think you're right, the car doesn't know you're "parking" until you stop, and you may trigger the cameras better if you stop n creep in the parking space.
you have a turbo?

OP
OP
macanchan

macanchan

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
this is something i just noticed with my wife car (kia). She will get the proximity warnings when parking, but the cameras don't always turn on (unless you're reversing - they always come on in reverse)
But i think you're right, the car doesn't know you're "parking" until you stop, and you may trigger the cameras better if you stop n creep in the parking space.
you have a turbo?
Yes, I have the turbo. Correct, in reverse, I don't have this issue except the surround side view may be toggled to the black/radar view.

I see you have a panigale! I had one too, I got tired of it stalling on me mid turn. Sold it after the dash melted. :surprised:

krissrock

First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi TT Roadster, Ducati Panigale, Cheverolet Trailblazer, Kia Sportage Hybrid
Country flag
I see you have a panigale! I had one too, I got tired of it stalling on me mid turn. Sold it after the dash melted. :surprised:
damn really? :oops:
I haven't had any issues that weren't my fault in some way...what did you have? I have a 899, which is still the twin, but i've been dying to see how much smoother the V4's are

n4v4nod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 Macan 4, 2024 Spyder RS
Country flag
Just program surround view camera for your programmable custom button on your steering wheel. Problem solved.

OP
OP
macanchan

macanchan

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Just program surround view camera for your programmable custom button on your steering wheel. Problem solved.
Pushing a button instead of touching the screen doesn't solve it for me. I want the selected auto feature to automate itself in a timely manner.

adrnlyn

First Name
lynn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
macan 4 ev, boxster s, tr6, silverado 2500 desiel, tahoe
Country flag
How many hours Dealer say/charge to install camera? Ordered car pre wired. they say 3 hours labor, to install oem camera. really?

is camera install something I could do myself? Don’t want any more delays! My car arrived as promised 18th but still can’t get car. minor damage in transit, update software, recall on something, lots of excuses.

OP
OP
macanchan

macanchan

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
How many hours Dealer say/charge to install camera? Ordered car pre wired. they say 3 hours labor, to install oem camera. really?

is camera install something I could do myself? Don’t want any more delays! My car arrived as promised 18th but still can’t get car. minor damage in transit, update software, recall on something, lots of excuses.
Sorry for the misunderstanding. We are not talking about the dashcam.

fubar.droid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Acura MDX

This is off topic but mine quoted me 8 hours, ridiculous. 3 hours sound reasonable.

adrnlyn

First Name
lynn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
macan 4 ev, boxster s, tr6, silverado 2500 desiel, tahoe
Country flag
Sorry off topic, saw camera and thought what ya’ll talking about.
obtw, Told dealer to forget camera install as would add 1-2 weeks to get shop time before I could get, not to mention $1100 more not to mention $500 ish for camera. Ordered car pre wired.
wish me luck that I actually get it tomorrow.