• Welcome to MacanEVowners! If you're joining us from Taycanforum.com, then you may already have an account here.

If you were registered on Taycanforum as of January 24, 2024 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password

If you wish, you can remove your account here.

charging the EV Macan via app

Smarty0nline

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
macan ev
An anyone give any advice on charging the Machan EV on a delayed timer ? We have a new Macan EV and apparently unless we have a Porsche wall charger you can’t program the Porsche app to charge the car at a time when you want. So we have cheaper electric between 12.30am and 5am but we can’t program the car to charge at that time.
Does anyone know if you can program the charging to come on a timer manually from inside the vehicle rather than an app ? Thanks

Diego

First Name
Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan 4
Country flag
On the Porsche app you can plan a start and then in the advanced option select advance charging option and turn on optimized charging (start hour / end hour). Obviously if the time is not enough to charge the car I think that this option will be override.
Sorry if I can't be more precise but I have the app in italiani and don't know the exact words that are on the EN App.

What is not possible is to set the current unit (A) that could be useful when you don't want to burn an electrical socket and use 8/12A on a 16A circuit.

Last edited: