• Welcome to MacanEVowners! If you're joining us from Taycanforum.com, then you may already have an account here.

If you were registered on Taycanforum as of January 24, 2024 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password

If you wish, you can remove your account here.

Market adjustment, MSRP or discount?

dieterf

First Name
Dieter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Macan GTS
Country flag
I ordered my Macan Electric Turbo and should arrive in the next few weeks. When I ordered it I was told I would pay MSRP. With the EV market tanking, wondering if there is room for discounts? What are others hearing?

Daniel15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
My employer has negotiated discounts with the local Porsche dealer, but they're not allowing the discount for the Macan EV since it's in high demand here. MSRP for all Macan Electric models. I'm in the San Francisco Bay Area where a loooot of people own Teslas (there's a reason it's nicknamed the "California camry" lol), and a bunch of the Tesla owners are now looking for something fancier.

I was reading on another forum that someone was offered a small discount ($500 or $1000) by some of the other dealers in the Bay Area.

krissrock

First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi TT Roadster, Ducati Panigale, Cheverolet Trailblazer, Kia Sportage Hybrid
Country flag
i asked my SA about this when i met with him a few weeks ago. My wife had just bought a Kia and they wanted to plop an extra $5k onto the MSRP for "market adjustment" plus some other BS, like a antimicrobial window cleaner or some shit...
so i asked him, if the price for ordered vehicles is negotiable, or is one expected to pay the MSRP/ordered price?
he said that the order price is negotiable.
I would think it would be best to negotiate this BEFORE the order most likely...