• Welcome to MacanEVowners! If you're joining us from Taycanforum.com, then you may already have an account here.

If you were registered on Taycanforum as of January 24, 2024 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password

If you wish, you can remove your account here.

Watch collectors - let's talk watches here!

Brazz

First Name
CB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Panamera 4S EH, 2022 Cayenne
Country flag
1624553364626.jpeg

Vintage Zodiac Astrographic SST

My go to pick up line was that the red dot (and the minute and hour hands) is a collection of magnetic colloids suspended in a ferromagnetic fluid surrounded by antimagnetic tiny parts-- perfect synchronization--providing accurate time at atomic levels.

NOT taken from a page in condensed matter physics.

NOT a troll post.
Wow! I have the same Zodiac watch. It was my father's. This is the first time I've seen someone else with one. This Zodiac was his favorite watch. The floating dot intrigued me as a child and got me into watches.

Macan EV Watch collectors - let's talk watches here! Dad's watch

285kph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 BMW X5 - 2021 Taycan - 2022 BMW X5 45e
Country flag
I'm in the market for a skeleton watch (where you can see the internals moving from the front face). I would probably still wear my Apple Watch daily, but this watch would be for fancy/dress up occasions.
Macan EV Watch collectors - let's talk watches here! 1641506372547

Budget is the low 4 figures.
nm.

GG77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Cayenne S
Country flag
Happy new Year to all full of health...

Came back with a cool piece after the FM...

IMG_20220106_234251.jpg
Beautiful.. One of my favorites from Vach. I'm still on the wait-list for the 5500v version with the black dial but it's probably longer to get that than it was the Taycan ?

darth_maul_80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4 , Taycan GTS
Country flag
I have an unfashionably small skeleton watch which is also thin, overall just a fraction bigger than the movement. I bought it decades ago though and you don't see small slim watches much in these days of huge watch fashion.
DSCF1579.jpg

I like it a lot but haven't seen anything like it new for a long time.

Chrono24 web site has lots of new and used watches you can look at to get an idea of prices.
that is one gorgeous watch!!! Was looking at that spec recently. It’s a beauty

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
Been trying to get my hands on a batman every since they came out - in every country I've stopped in I've checked out the dealers - shelves are bare! and I refuse to pay the online premiums for one...
I got mine in early 2014, but am probably going to move it on soon.

I always loved it, but the hype is a bit much nowadays. Its one of those watches all the thieves recognise now.

I would probably replace it with a Yachtmaster (Rhodium) and pocket some cash.

submatrix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan
Country flag
I have an unfashionably small skeleton watch which is also thin, overall just a fraction bigger than the movement. I bought it decades ago though and you don't see small slim watches much in these days of huge watch fashion.
DSCF1579.jpg

I like it a lot but haven't seen anything like it new for a long time.

Chrono24 web site has lots of new and used watches you can look at to get an idea of prices.
Beautiful vintage watch! And thanks for the Chrono24 suggestion. Once I find one I like, would you recommend I just buy through the site? Or try and find a local reseller so I can try it on and/or buy through them?

raharris

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Raptor, Macan S, Taycan Turbo, Cayenne Turbo GT
Country flag
I got mine in early 2014, but am probably going to move it on soon.

I always loved it, but the hype is a bit much nowadays. Its one of those watches all the thieves recognise now.

I would probably replace it with a Yachtmaster (Rhodium) and pocket some cash.
I have the Yachtmaster Platinum Bezel and blue face in the collection - not a great everyday as the platinum is soft; not as robust as the submariner with ceramic bezel.

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
I have the Yachtmaster Platinum Bezel and blue face in the collection - not a great everyday as the platinum is soft; not as robust as the submariner with ceramic bezel.
I did have the platinum YM before the BLNR and had scratched my bezel too.
That said, I wore it all the time and managed to do this to it as well (pic 1)....!

Maybe a rethink for BLNR replacement?

However, I wear the Datejust nearly all the time nowadays. Very comfortable (pic 2) and prefer it to sports models.

Macan EV Watch collectors - let's talk watches here! watch

Macan EV Watch collectors - let's talk watches here! 20181210_094722

raharris

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Raptor, Macan S, Taycan Turbo, Cayenne Turbo GT
Country flag
I did have the platinum YM before the BLNR and had scratched my bezel too.
That said, I wore it all the time and managed to do this to it as well (pic 1)....!

Maybe a rethink for BLNR replacement?

However, I wear the Datejust nearly all the time nowadays. Very comfortable (pic 2) and prefer it to sports models.

watch.jpg

20181210_094722.jpg
Moot point right now because no one has anything. Coming back from seeing family, they had a BLNR at Heathrow in November, but it was an exhibition piece and they wouldn’t sell it. Had the same in Boston in October.

Deleted member 4616

Beautiful vintage watch! And thanks for the Chrono24 suggestion. Once I find one I like, would you recommend I just buy through the site? Or try and find a local reseller so I can try it on and/or buy through them?
Check out both to find the best price and reliable vendor.