• Welcome to MacanEVowners! If you're joining us from Taycanforum.com, then you may already have an account here.

If you were registered on Taycanforum as of January 24, 2024 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password

If you wish, you can remove your account here.

Expecting delivery in few days in Chicago suburbs

mako

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC60 T8
Country flag
Got to meet my baby in person. Exceeded my expectations in every single way (and that is without me driving it 😜). Noticable was the space and room in both driver seats and passenger seat behind it. I am a 5’11 and with the driver seat at my setting when I sat behind I had an inch or two before my knees touched the front seat.
seems they are waiting for some software updates. Hoping I can take delivery next week Friday. Can’t wait!!!!
Thanks for the photos and glad to hear you are happy with the result. Copper ruby looks different in each photo and configurator, making decision difficult. I'm sure you'll love driving it as well, I have tested it two times...

OP
OP

fsabek

First Name
Fuwad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Tesla model s, 2022 Range Rover sport, macan ev turbo eta at dealer 9/18
Country flag
Guys. We are so excited and happy about our new cars.
how about the realibity issues. i keep hearing about problems with the Tycans that Porsche techs can’t figure out !!!

OP
OP

fsabek

First Name
Fuwad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
checked on my baby again and that is what I got from my SA:
I did talk to my head tech guy and we are just waiting for TI. And there are no parts missing nothing is broke. It is strictly software updates procedures. We hope to have that still tomorrow and then they start the process. I will update you tomorrow as well. There is no problem reaching out to me.

dieterf

First Name
Dieter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Macan GTS
Country flag
That‘s strange, I took delivery of my Macan Turbo from Napleton Porsche where the Software update took only a few hours I was told. No issues at all. Maybe the techs should talk to Napleton techs as they figured it out.

OP
OP

fsabek

First Name
Fuwad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
That‘s strange, I took delivery of my Macan Turbo from Napleton Porsche where the Software update took only a few hours I was told. No issues at all. Maybe the techs should talk to Napleton techs as they figured it out.
Congratulations !!
I think the Westmont dealership might have more sound techs than Orland park. I got the impression they might be waiting for something or someone not necessarily a software delay.

OP
OP

fsabek

First Name
Fuwad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
So you must be the one who took napletons turbo allocation before me 😜. Assuming the napleton dealership you are referring to is the one close to me in Westmont Illinois.
I actually forwarded your reply to my SA hoping they get motivated to finish my car soon when they know their competition are ahead of them!!!!

OP
OP

fsabek

First Name
Fuwad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I got this back from my SA just now!!!!
Napleton does think they’re the best in the world but there is software that is coming out today so I don’t know if that was a launch vehicle or what but I’m on top of the doc. And to reiterate, it’s just software. I’ll get you more update later today. Thank you for the info. I’m sure when I show my tech that he’s gonna give me a dirty look ha ha

dieterf

First Name
Dieter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Macan GTS
Country flag
Congratulations !!
I think the Westmont dealership might have more sound techs than Orland park. I got the impression they might be waiting for something or someone not necessarily a software delay.
Other than the software update they also installed "adhesive strip for the sensor on the electric power supply left and right"... Maybe they are waiting for those parts.

dieterf

First Name
Dieter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Macan GTS
Country flag
So you must be the one who took napletons turbo allocation before me 😜. Assuming the napleton dealership you are referring to is the one close to me in Westmont Illinois.
I actually forwarded your reply to my SA hoping they get motivated to finish my car soon when they know their competition are ahead of them!!!!
Yep, that was me ;-)

dieterf

First Name
Dieter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Macan GTS
Country flag
I got this back from my SA just now!!!!
Napleton does think they’re the best in the world but there is software that is coming out today so I don’t know if that was a launch vehicle or what but I’m on top of the doc. And to reiterate, it’s just software. I’ll get you more update later today. Thank you for the info. I’m sure when I show my tech that he’s gonna give me a dirty look ha ha
So I did hear that there is an update coming that will add Apple EV Route Planning in the future. Maybe that is it. Ask your SA or the tech if the update includes that?