• Welcome to MacanEVowners! If you're joining us from Taycanforum.com, then you may already have an account here.

If you were registered on Taycanforum as of January 24, 2024 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password

If you wish, you can remove your account here.

Expecting delivery in few days in Chicago suburbs

OP
OP

fsabek

First Name
Fuwad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Tesla model s, 2022 Range Rover sport, macan ev turbo eta at dealer 9/18
Country flag
I have a Tesla Tap mini. Highly recommend. Very good build quality. USA made, pricey but very good.
so how does it work we attach the adaptor to the tesla charger and just plug it. doews it need any configuration?

MFitz

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan S ordered PSPRDQM3
Country flag
so how does it work we attach the adaptor to the tesla charger and just plug it. doews it need any configuration?
It is very fast and simple. Just snap it on. Nothing else to do. Search Amazon with TeslaTap Mini adapter and you can see it and also see the reviews. It is a very good solution. This is the smallest and best quality one I have ever seen. I have one.

Senna

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi SQ7, A4
Country flag
It shouldn't require any configuration. The Tesla Universal Wall Connector has a 'compatible mode' option, but from what I've heard, the only time it's been necessary to enable this was with the Equinox EV. The 'charger' is essentially just a power dispenser, as the car's charging system is inside.

Audi loaned me an Alfa Romeo plug-in hybrid while my car was in for its 40k maintenance. I tested my Tesla Universal Wall Charger, and it worked perfectly without any configuration.

OP
OP

fsabek

First Name
Fuwad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Tesla model s, 2022 Range Rover sport, macan ev turbo eta at dealer 9/18
Country flag
It shouldn't require any configuration. The Tesla Universal Wall Connector has a 'compatible mode' option, but from what I've heard, the only time it's been necessary to enable this was with the Equinox EV. The 'charger' is essentially just a power dispenser, as the car's charging system is inside.

Audi loaned me an Alfa Romeo plug-in hybrid while my car was in for its 40k maintenance. I tested my Tesla Universal Wall Charger, and it worked perfectly without any configuration.

Thank you

bbmertz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan, Tesla Y, Ford F-150
Country flag
If I’m not mistaken, you can add InnoDrive after receiving your Macan EV. It just requires a payment to enable the feature.
According to the driver at PEC Atlanta, Innodrive requires some unique sensor hardware so it cannot be added via a software update after delivery.