• Welcome to MacanEVowners! If you're joining us from Taycanforum.com, then you may already have an account here.

If you were registered on Taycanforum as of January 24, 2024 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password

If you wish, you can remove your account here.

Expecting delivery in few days in Chicago suburbs

OP
OP

fsabek

First Name
Fuwad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Tesla model s, 2022 Range Rover sport, macan ev turbo eta at dealer 9/18
Country flag
I have a Tesla Tap mini. Highly recommend. Very good build quality. USA made, pricey but very good.
so how does it work we attach the adaptor to the tesla charger and just plug it. doews it need any configuration?

MFitz

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan S ordered PSPRDQM3
Country flag
so how does it work we attach the adaptor to the tesla charger and just plug it. doews it need any configuration?
It is very fast and simple. Just snap it on. Nothing else to do. Search Amazon with TeslaTap Mini adapter and you can see it and also see the reviews. It is a very good solution. This is the smallest and best quality one I have ever seen. I have one.

Senna

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi SQ7, A4
Country flag
It shouldn't require any configuration. The Tesla Universal Wall Connector has a 'compatible mode' option, but from what I've heard, the only time it's been necessary to enable this was with the Equinox EV. The 'charger' is essentially just a power dispenser, as the car's charging system is inside.

Audi loaned me an Alfa Romeo plug-in hybrid while my car was in for its 40k maintenance. I tested my Tesla Universal Wall Charger, and it worked perfectly without any configuration.

OP
OP

fsabek

First Name
Fuwad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
It shouldn't require any configuration. The Tesla Universal Wall Connector has a 'compatible mode' option, but from what I've heard, the only time it's been necessary to enable this was with the Equinox EV. The 'charger' is essentially just a power dispenser, as the car's charging system is inside.

Audi loaned me an Alfa Romeo plug-in hybrid while my car was in for its 40k maintenance. I tested my Tesla Universal Wall Charger, and it worked perfectly without any configuration.

Thank you

bbmertz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan, Tesla Y, Ford F-150
Country flag
If I’m not mistaken, you can add InnoDrive after receiving your Macan EV. It just requires a payment to enable the feature.
According to the driver at PEC Atlanta, Innodrive requires some unique sensor hardware so it cannot be added via a software update after delivery.

LordVader13

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 Macan EV Turbo
Country flag
First Lincolnwood deliveries are still in Baltimore. Delivery is still possible at the end of the month.

OP
OP

fsabek

First Name
Fuwad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
my SA told me delivery wont be today nor tomorrow!!!!!! Something about porsche telling them what to do or going through some form of software thing. Not sure hopefully sometime early next week. :angry:

OP
OP

fsabek

First Name
Fuwad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Any more photos to share? Looks great, I'm still undecided between dolomite silver and copper ruby.
sure my friend
these pics were from the SA. i am planning on stopping by tomorrow and check out the car in person and hopefully can take more detailed pics

OP
OP

fsabek

First Name
Fuwad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Got to meet my baby in person. Exceeded my expectations in every single way (and that is without me driving it 😜). Noticable was the space and room in both driver seats and passenger seat behind it. I am a 5’11 and with the driver seat at my setting when I sat behind I had an inch or two before my knees touched the front seat.
seems they are waiting for some software updates. Hoping I can take delivery next week Friday. Can’t wait!!!!

Yves

First Name
Yves
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW iX / Audi Q7
Country flag
So I owned a Model X raven and all the remarks about the software being superior, I just do not understand. Today I have an iX and it’s infotainment system is better in each and every way … Do you Guys talk about FSD? I had autopilot, which had phantom braking … but route planning was only in car and I prefer Apple Maps + HUD by far … is it the planning and charging, we have a very elaborate charging network in Belgium and France (can even use Tesla chargers) … so every time I read the Tesla software is superior, I just cannot understand it … maybe 5 years ago yes, route planning and battery conditioning were leading, but now 🤷‍♂️ No real 360 camera, no USS for parking, no radar so with low sun not even basic cruise control as the camera is blinded, no android auto or Apple CarPlay, automatic wipers that went crazy as they are using the camera and not sensor … No physical buttons for heating/seat heating, seat heating on homescreen which disappeared after an update. I could go on, but my iX drives perfect on ACC and keeps the lane perfect. Also it has rear cross traffic alert which is very handy when a reverse out of my driveway or parking spots … my Tesla never warned braked for passing rear traffic.

OP
OP

fsabek

First Name
Fuwad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
So I owned a Model X raven and all the remarks about the software being superior, I just do not understand. Today I have an iX and it’s infotainment system is better in each and every way … Do you Guys talk about FSD? I had autopilot, which had phantom braking … but route planning was only in car and I prefer Apple Maps + HUD by far … is it the planning and charging, we have a very elaborate charging network in Belgium and France (can even use Tesla chargers) … so every time I read the Tesla software is superior, I just cannot understand it … maybe 5 years ago yes, route planning and battery conditioning were leading, but now 🤷‍♂️ No real 360 camera, no USS for parking, no radar so with low sun not even basic cruise control as the camera is blinded, no android auto or Apple CarPlay, automatic wipers that went crazy as they are using the camera and not sensor … No physical buttons for heating/seat heating, seat heating on homescreen which disappeared after an update. I could go on, but my iX drives perfect on ACC and keeps the lane perfect. Also it has rear cross traffic alert which is very handy when a reverse out of my driveway or parking spots … my Tesla never warned braked for passing rear traffic.
Yes the Tesla full self drive is the highlight or what makes the Tesla experience unique. However that said everything you mentioned about Tesla problems and drawbacks I agree with 100%. the convenience and ease of use of the Tesla software And interface are remarkable. It is kind of the iPhone of cars.