• Welcome to MacanEVowners! If you're joining us from Taycanforum.com, then you may already have an account here.

If you were registered on Taycanforum as of January 24, 2024 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password

If you wish, you can remove your account here.

Burmester audio system review?

Diego

First Name
Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan 4 ready for delivery (2024 09 27)
Country flag
Being an audio engineer I'm evaluating the top of the line audio system.
Any Taycan user can give me a review?
Thanks

OP
OP
Diego

Diego

First Name
Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan 4 ready for delivery (2024 09 27)
Country flag
Found this thread on the "sister" Taycan site with a lot of information... https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/taycan-standard-stereo-vs-burmeister-upgrade.13334/
Sadly the Burmester is rated less than my actual Tesla model 3 (that works very well - unfortunately it's penalized by exterior sound - only front windows have double sound system - and crackles... and on this I hope that Porsche is way better....).
I'm afraid but I'm thinking to reconsider my Burmester choice: since I spend a lot of time driving I want to enjoy music at its best (in studio I have 8000€ speaker each...)

liam_b

First Name
Liam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
I have Burmester in my MY24 Taycan GTS ST, its an incredible upgrade over the muddy sounding standard audio in my previous 4S, no crackles rattles or apparent defects, it plays really quite loud without noticeable strain or compression, certainly louder than I need it to be capable of.

I use flat calibrated Genelec 8361a w371a at home and wanted something much better than standard audio after my 4S, Bose audio in demonstration stock Taycans and ICE Macan were not sufficiently good. Acoustic glass and Burmester audio combination makes music considerably more enjoyable, I use the Pure preset with no surround effects, it's very good for car audio.

Edit- to add that I don't use any phone audio at all, my music collection is flac cd and hires files on a microSD in an Integral miniature usb c card reader

Last edited:

liam_b

First Name
Liam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
It's simple, do not go listen to Burmester after you get Bose, you'll be happy to enjoy the car and no possibility of regret 👍🏻

bxwatso

First Name
Byron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4SCT
Country flag
Bose is very good. Burmester is some extreme high-end equipment for home audio, BTW; not worthy of inclusion in a car as a general proposition.
Inexplicably, I got a base-everything Macan loaner with a Burmester radio (why would anyone spec a $7k radio on what amounts to a VW?). It was too bass heavy as configured. The mid was clearer than Bose, but when driving, the noise of the engine and road made this impossible to notice.
Another loaner was a completely base Macan with base radio. Really noticeably bad sound - not worthy of the Porsche price point. Sounds like a friend's Subaru.
For my sense of value, Bose is a good choice.