• Welcome to MacanEVowners! If you're joining us from Taycanforum.com, then you may already have an account here.

If you were registered on Taycanforum as of January 24, 2024 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password

If you wish, you can remove your account here.
Sponsored

Car goes in goodbye mode when I enter

nulled

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan 4
Country flag
I’m curious if anyone else has experienced this. Occasionally, when I enter my car, the goodbye screen pops up and the car goes into goodbye/leaving mode. It’s happened about five times now, so it’s not just a one-off issue. I also noticed it happened to a YouTuber.

I have comfort entry, and in the manual, it clearly states in bold letters, “DO NOT TOUCH THE EASY ENTRY BUTTON ON THE HANDLE WHEN ENTERING.” 😅 Now, I’m not sure if I’m accidentally touching the button without realizing it, but it’s getting pretty frustrating!

krissrock

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi TT Roadster, Ducati Panigale, Cheverolet Trailblazer, Kia Sportage Hybrid
Country flag
Do you turn the car off when you exit, hit the power button? Or do you just leave?

OP
OP
nulled

nulled

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan 4
Country flag
Do you turn the car off when you exit, hit the power button? Or do you just leave?
I just leave and it shuts down fine. But sometimes when I enter it start and then says goodbye and I need to press the power button to revert that.

Awaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i4 eDrive 40, next Porsche Macan EV
Country flag
After I test drove the Macan 4, at stopping, the SA told me to press the power button off.
So, it might have something to do with it.
Try doing that every time and see how it goes.

krissrock

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi TT Roadster, Ducati Panigale, Cheverolet Trailblazer, Kia Sportage Hybrid
Country flag
yea, thta's why i was asking. See i f the behavoir is any different if you power it off before exiting...
i'm not saying that's the solution, but if the behavior is different, that's the kind of info the engineers would need to know.