• Welcome to MacanEVowners! If you're joining us from Taycanforum.com, then you may already have an account here.

If you were registered on Taycanforum as of January 24, 2024 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password

If you wish, you can remove your account here.

Don't Factory Reset

nulled

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan 4
Country flag
I was following this guide to enable Plug and Charge and my Macan is now with a downgraded OS which has plenty of bugs including no option to connect to wifi 🙈

- CarPlay broken
- No wifi option
- No apps
- Account not connecting properly
- Remote access lost despite being logged in
- Fun finding: There is a Calendar app that is not showing on the public version (the one I had when I picked up the car)

Can someone confirm their version, please...

Electric Macan EV Don't Factory Reset Screenshot 2024-10-17 at 22.18.15
Electric Macan EV Don't Factory Reset IMG_5325

Last edited:
OP
OP

nulled

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan 4
Country flag
It seems like the issue has resolved, though I’m not entirely sure if it fixed itself or if my three hours of debugging finally paid off. One change I made was updating the system date, which had been set to the year 2000, to the current date. I suspect the operating system may have certain date-based flags that control features, such as enabling or disabling options like WiFi in the connections menu, or hiding apps that aren’t yet ready to be released.

tmrqs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan Turbo Electric ordered!
Country flag
Soooo I guess the thread should be changed to “Factory reset if you want, it’s all good”? 😂