• Welcome to MacanEVowners! If you're joining us from Taycanforum.com, then you may already have an account here.

If you were registered on Taycanforum as of January 24, 2024 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password

If you wish, you can remove your account here.
Sponsored

[FAQ] - Question: I'm a new EV/Macan owner - I'm stressed about the battery…

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan Turbo,Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
Question: what can I do to maximize my battery's life even though I likely won't keep the car long enough for it to matter?

TLDR; short answer - there is nothing _YOU_ can do to the battery…there is thousands of lines of software running in your vehicle to manage the battery - if anything happens to your battery is was very very unlikely to be anything _YOU_ did to it…
this question keeps coming up - and it's been answered before…I'm pleased with how this post has aged - so I thought I'd share it here - post #4 from this thread in the Taycan forum…shared here for your insomnia fix or enjoyment - your choice!!

https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/t...-have-less-charging-cycles.16183/#post-249092

Porsche and it's battery management software is in control - you are not - even though you are plugging the car in - Porsche's in vehicle on board Battery-Management-System/Software (BMS) is doing all the heavy lifting - there is nothing _YOU_ can do to the battery - what ever is going to happen is going to happen - it's not anything you did!!!

Last edited:
OP
OP
daveo4EV

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan Turbo,Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag