• Welcome to MacanEVowners! If you're joining us from Taycanforum.com, then you may already have an account here.

If you were registered on Taycanforum as of January 24, 2024 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password

If you wish, you can remove your account here.

Macan EV spy pics

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4
Country flag
It's as SUV as the Taycan's gonna get. Also, the tallest the Taycan design language will translate to. Clearly, judging by this mess.
We can say sports wagon, but it’s simply too low to be in a range of SUVs.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T (EV upgrade a tempter!)
Country flag
No, you're not.

Unfortunately, this Macan has gone the way of the Jeep Cherokee and various Huyndai models and opted for a "driving light" upper pod that's supposed to resemble headlights, but is too slim, and therefore can't so the actual headlight in an "80's style" (to me anyway) section below. IMO, it's one of the WORST trends in automotive design. And honestly, if this is true, a complete deal breaker for me.

UGH, I shouldn't have looked at the Palisade. Cannot unsee now looking at the Macan. SO disappointed.

For reference:

eep-Cherokee-SUV-Sport-4dr-Front-wheel-Drive-Photo.jpg

ent%2Fuploads%2F2019%2F06%2F2020-Hyundai-Palisade3.jpg
Baarf!

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
God, I love these forums.

Go back and read the responses to the "Taycan Mule spy pics" and how many people thought it was a travesty and the car would look terrible.

Porsche is very good at making mules look absolutely awful and equally as good at making finished cars look beautiful.

EDWJMCGRATH

First Name
ED
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MACAN, TAYCAN ON ORDER
Country flag
An EV should not have a grill, period, let alone exhaust. I hope those are pasted on to throw us off.

schad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, e-tron
Country flag
An EV should not have a grill, period, let alone exhaust. I hope those are pasted on to throw us off.
They are. They commented on it in the text. Something like, "hilariously fake-looking grille and tailpipes."

I actually like the way the front end looks, or rather, I would like it if they just made the driving lights the headlights too, and turned those abominations into fog lights like they should be. I wonder if there's some safety regulation that means they can't put headlights as high as they "naturally" would be.

I loathe those sloping rear ends on SUVs/CUVs, though. Not only is it subjectively awful (in my opinion), it also drastically reduces the available rear cargo space, making it objectively awful as well. Perhaps an unpopular opinion, but there you go.

Needsdecaf

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
997.2 Turbo S, Cayenne Diesel, Cayenne E_Hybrid
Country flag
God, I love these forums.

Go back and read the responses to the "Taycan Mule spy pics" and how many people thought it was a travesty and the car would look terrible.

Porsche is very good at making mules look absolutely awful and equally as good at making finished cars look beautiful.
Sorry, but I disagree. Personally I’ve studied about h spy shots over the years to quite clearly see through the camo. And whileI ALWAYS leave final judgement to seeing the full car in person, I have rarely walked back an opinion. 992? Still not a fan of the looks. Taycan? Never said a single bad thing about the looks. Quite the opposite. BMW M3? Still looks bad in person. I could go on.

The Model Y / hunchback profile may resolve itself with final detailing and proper ride height and take but unless I’m wrong about those divorced headlights (and I don’t think I am) that’s a total deal breaker to me. I think it’s awful and lazy styling.

so no, I’m not just wringing my hands just to swoon later when the final production car is revealed. I will gladly eat a huge plate of crow if that happens.

snstevens

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Regardless of whether the style strikes a cord with you or not, I hope we all can agree that the more EV options that are being pursed by the major auto manufacturers the better. I would love to see multiple high-quality EV options in all style categories, and I think we're heading in that direction.

SUVs have a place, and most are not particularly exciting in the "looks" department, but they do the job we need them to do. I have personally never cared for the Macan, but I'm thrilled that Porsche is trying to come forward with more EV options. Maybe sometime soon there will be an EV SUV that I'm really excited to own.

My personal wish list includes an EV convertible with great lines like the Taycan. If you happen to see one of those stuck on a beach road someplace while undergoing testing, please pass along photos ?