• Welcome to MacanEVowners! If you're joining us from Taycanforum.com, then you may already have an account here.

If you were registered on Taycanforum as of January 24, 2024 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password

If you wish, you can remove your account here.

Passenger display with bluetooth headphones

Jetced

First Name
Cedric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 Performance, Macan EV turbo (ordered
Country flag
Hi

Does anybody know if one can pair the passenger display with bluetooth headphones? Or does everybody in the car have to listen to what my wife will be watching?

Cheers

Alex74

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 CT, 356(1963), Macan Turbo EV (on order)
Country flag
Hi

Does anybody know if one can pair the passenger display with bluetooth headphones? Or does everybody in the car have to listen to what my wife will be watching?

Cheers
Good question. I hope the first one. I ask the SA.
next week i will drive with one, let you know.

OP
OP
Jetced

Jetced

First Name
Cedric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 Performance, Macan EV turbo (ordered
Country flag
Good question. I hope the first one. I ask the SA.
next week i will drive with one, let you know.
oh awesome, thanks for checking!
also let us know how test driving is going. I'm still waiting to get the first show cars here in Slovakia.

mikeright

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW
Country flag
I have asked that question several times. The answer is always the same. At this moment it is confirmed that it is not possible to pair any Bluetooth headphones. But I really expect it would be available in following software updates.

Great_Cookie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nil - Macan 4 EV (Sept '24 Production)
Country flag
I think all of us are waiting for the details of the new PCM... When i asked my SA, he mentioned that due to this being a OS using Android Auto, he mentioned that it wouldn't be the same as that found in the Taycan... but apparently would let us download apps (?)

Guess we'll have to wait until the formal training session have been conducted to staff before information gets filtered down.

tmrqs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan Turbo Electric ordered!
Country flag
When i asked my SA, he mentioned that due to this being a OS using Android Auto, he mentioned that it wouldn't be the same as that found in the Taycan... but apparently would let us download apps (?)
There is an App Store, it has been shown in some of the review videos and I saw the icon on the dashboard during the preview at PEC ATL a couple days ago. That's how you can get the YouTube app for instance.

There is no known list of apps that will be supported... for now at least. :)

Great_Cookie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nil - Macan 4 EV (Sept '24 Production)
Country flag
There is an App Store, it has been shown in some of the review videos and I saw the icon on the dashboard during the preview at PEC ATL a couple days ago. That's how you can get the YouTube app for instance.

There is no known list of apps that will be supported... for now at least. :)

That's good to know... Just wondering how 'curated' this new App/Play Store would be. Would be handy to have other entertainment apps available (e.g. Netflix, Plex) to use/watch whilst using public chargers and for passengers (whilst on the move) - but you'd think that Porsche would want to have SOME control over this ecosystem (lest malware/virus/etc infect/corrupt the system).

Would assume YouTube (and all apps) would use the mobile phone's data service... If so, wondering how that would impact use of CarPlay at the same time (since i'm assuming it'll also use the Phone's wifi network).

...Otherwise, if these apps use the vehicle's built-in 'esim', Porsche better had negotiated unlimited data with its telco providers - but i'm sure they'll have no issues charging us for this 'privilege' 😅