• Welcome to MacanEVowners! If you're joining us from Taycanforum.com, then you may already have an account here.

If you were registered on Taycanforum as of January 24, 2024 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password

If you wish, you can remove your account here.
Sponsored

Pet peeves

platypus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'24 Macan Electric Turbo
Country flag
I've had my '24 Turbo for a few weeks now, and I love the car: it's nimble, precise, fun to drive, and it has more range than I need. Most of the issues I've encountered are software-related, and hopefully will go away soon. Just wanted to make a list in case I'm not the only one.
  • Privacy mode: when parked, the car sometimes switches to guest mode (I wonder if this only happens when a valet adjusts the seat), which turns on the privacy mode in the app, and doesn't let me see the state of charge remotely.
  • German cluster: yesterday morning, when I started the car, the instrument cluster was in German, but the main PCM screen wasn't 🤷 This morning, it was back to English. Weird.
  • Driving assist: by default, the lane keeping assistance is a bit intrusive, so I recommend toning it down. On top of that, I got warnings on the highway yesterday to tell me driving assists were limited, similar to what happens when the sensors are obscured by snow. Except it was warm and sunny outside. The warning instantly disappeared, but still, this is not a Tesla godammit.
  • Charging above 80%: twice in a row, I've charged the car with a max of 80%, and when the car is done charging, it's at... 81 or 82%. Not a big deal, but it shouldn't be that hard.
  • App sync delay: already mentioned in another thread, MyPorsche shows outdated info, despite saying the app is synced with the car. This has led me to believe that the car was not charging properly, when it actually was.
  • CarPlay: when I open MyPorsche from CarPlay, it tells me the car's infotainment is not compatible 🙃
I could go to Porsche to have these fixed, but they'll keep the car a week to perform a reset I could probably do myself. I'll try to reset the PCM and update this thread.

Last edited:

Diego

First Name
Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan 4
Country flag
Just a note:

• Charging above 80%: 81 or 82% t's fine and it's related to the BMS calibration. This is what happens to Tesla too but the software is different and Tesla one resets the % to the charging set point (not always however: it happened to me some time with my M3 to see 81 or 82 witha set point of 80%)
  • App sync delay: the app is a completely mess at the moment: charging stats are missing, the charging process is shown only in 5% steps, it keeps telling me service is needed when everything is fine... etc etc

OP
OP
platypus

platypus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'24 Macan Electric Turbo
Country flag
Thank you! I didn't know re: 80%. I've rented lots of EVs (mostly Teslas), but it's the first one I own, so maybe a newbie thing 😄

nulled

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan 4
Country flag
Totally agree with the lane keep assist. Thought I wasn't used to the size of the car and its dynamics but I think it's just being too sensitive. App syncing too... Would rush to check if I actually forgot to lock the car, only for the app to update few minutes later. If you are going to rest (which I did), be prepared to set the clock/time manually or otherwise you'll face hard time connecting your account back.