• Welcome to MacanEVowners! If you're joining us from Taycanforum.com, then you may already have an account here.

If you were registered on Taycanforum as of January 24, 2024 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password

If you wish, you can remove your account here.

Porsche Track Experience at Barber Motorsports Park (Birmingham, AL)

tmrqs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan Turbo Electric ordered!
Country flag
As my Macan won’t be delivered until the end of the year (hoping for no delays due to the aluminum shortage incident), I’ve decided to treat myself. I’m going to attend in a few weeks the 2-day Performance course at Barber Motorsports Park, in Birmingham (Alabama).

The program focuses on the following skills:

Electric Macan EV Porsche Track Experience at Barber Motorsports Park (Birmingham, AL) IMG_0002

And these cars should be made available:

Electric Macan EV Porsche Track Experience at Barber Motorsports Park (Birmingham, AL) IMG_0001

I took the BMW Driving Experience Advanced Course about 9 years ago, it was more about autocross skills however (it was great!). This one should be a lot of fun and I am certain very humbling too!

I know @daveo4EV is familiar with it. Has anyone else ever attended the Porsche Track Experience, either at Barber or elsewhere?

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan Turbo,Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
I love any driving course/instruction…

next up for you @tmrqs Dirt Fish rally school and/or any Porsche Ice Driving experience.

Also not to be missed is Porsche Track Experience days - I'm doing Spa in Belgium Sept. of this year.

you'll have a super good time and I love the Barber track!

my Macan Turbo EV might be ready for pick up shortly after my trip to Europe for Porsche's Spa track experience - we'll see…

I recommend working through this list (or other similar experiences) at a rate of 1-2 every 18 months or so…but if you're a 'car person' the following is a "must do" in my opinion - each one at least once…
  • 2 or 3 day driving event like the Porsche driving school noted in this thread
  • a "track day" with you own car and local car club or track organization
  • Dirt Fish Rally school near Seattle Washington
  • Ice Driving event - 2 or 3 days - Porsche or other organization
  • European "track days" with Porsche, BMW, and/or others…
don't have to do these all at once - but over a period of "years" each of these must be done at least once and you'll have a blast!!!

lots to do while waiting for Porsche to make you a vehicle.

Last edited:
OP
OP
tmrqs

tmrqs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan Turbo Electric ordered!
Country flag
Oh wow, so many options… my wallet won’t be able to keep up. 😅

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan Turbo,Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
Oh wow, so many options… my wallet won’t be able to keep up. 😅
I fail to understand this comment…that's kinda the goal is it not?

DuckMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
X5 40i, TRD Taco, K1200RS. past: M5, M3, 135i S2.
Country flag
I love any driving course/instruction…

next up for you @tmrqs Dirt Fish rally school and/or any Porsche Ice Driving experience.

Also not to be missed is Porsche Track Experience days - I'm doing Spa in Belgium Sept. of this year.

you'll have a super good time and I love the Barber track!

my Macan Turbo EV might be ready for pick up shortly after my trip to Europe for Porsche's Spa track experience - we'll see…

I recommend working through this list (or other similar experiences) at a rate of 1-2 every 18 months or so…but if you're a 'car person' the following is a "must do" in my opinion - each one at least once…
  • 2 or 3 day driving event like the Porsche driving school noted in this thread
  • a "track day" with you own car and local car club or track organization
  • Dirt Fish Rally school near Seattle Washington
  • Ice Driving event - 2 or 3 days - Porsche or other organization
  • European "track days" with Porsche, BMW, and/or others…
don't have to do these all at once - but over a period of "years" each of these must be done at least once and you'll have a blast!!!

lots to do while waiting for Porsche to make you a vehicle.
Spa is one of the greatest tracks out there, so much history and a great design. Congrats and have fun!