• Welcome to MacanEVowners! If you're joining us from Taycanforum.com, then you may already have an account here.

If you were registered on Taycanforum as of January 24, 2024 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password

If you wish, you can remove your account here.
Sponsored

Flxjet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
992s
Country flag
Hello from Belgium,

Got a Turbo last week,
Car was ordered very early after Macan ev launch sequence,
Porsche lover for long, I wanted to give a try on these PORSCHE EV after having owned 2 Cayenne (17/19 models) and 992s.
Somewhere in the middle I got a audi etron (Q8) wich can help me comparing the previous experience of a EV.
As a daily drive, I oriented my choice buying an EV car initially prurely due to taxes on sporty ICE where I leave.
To my humble experience, and after driving 500km in it and as I read a lot of stuffs ( that really helped waiting for delivery btw) about softwares, interior and all but FIRST:
YES IT DRIVES GREAT, NO IT S NOT JUST AN EV, I OFFERS SOME REALLY GREAT FUN, AND IT GOES FAST!

Plus points:
- despite some weird video seen online, finition is excellent as i can compare it to the 911 or cayenne.
I have some of the following options:
- Racetex heated wheel = excellent (again its not as soft as a leather wheel) but gives some great driving experience
- 18 way + 21 wheels = VERY CONFY, not a 911 with SPASM
- extended leather = excellent
- HUD = great, limited car play use
- passenger screen = nice use, just one thing, if you try to help your side passenger while driving --> (not ideal i know) but you ll face that limited view unless you are parked, but great option
- rear electrical sunset screen nice
- electric recharge doors ( not the best, better go for conventional to my opinion)
- rear trailer hook, looks ok
- chrono pack: i like the watch but thats it, other than that not very useful
- electric noise, turns on automatically in sport mode, could a little bit more sporty or ICE ish but bring a little plus to the experience
- tinted matrix --> awesome as always, a big +

Overall very nice interior, not noisy to drive, impressive 911 look a like driving experience especially in SPORT MODE

Minus points:
- Armest doesnt move up: im not small but long cruise would be better with some adjustments I think
- Rear view camera, not at its best but you get used to the quality
- Dont know for other parts of the world, but they positionned the fire extinguisher (at least on 18 way) in a positon where it affects a bit the way you would put bags on the floor of the pax side (while driving alone and you would grab it)
- Rear window view is restricted (get some cameras)
- SEATBELTS --> check forums reviews on it as someone mentioned buckle noise issue--> TRUE
- Purely my choice but Im not yet convinced on my rims (macan design 21), probably would have gone for the spyder instead. For those hesitating, go and see them in real, as configurator doesnt show the real stuff to my opinion, especially the black parts are satine looking (not glossy but somehow visible),

Enjoy the waiting your cars or the waiting room it you re sitting the queue

again just a humble review, not up to everybody's taste most probably, but fair and enthusiastic!

Sorry: interior picture a bit dirty, winter coming overhere

nulled

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan 4
Country flag
Congrats! I completely agree with you—the weird video really doesn’t do the car justice. It felt like the guy was very hard to make it look worse than it is! I agree with the arm rest situation, a bit of bummer that it doesn't adjust. Th Audi Q5 had a very comfortable arms rest situation.

NicoLib

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S CT
Country flag
Hello from Belgium,

Got a Turbo last week,
Car was ordered very early after Macan ev launch sequence,
Porsche lover for long, I wanted to give a try on these PORSCHE EV after having owned 2 Cayenne (17/19 models) and 992s.
Somewhere in the middle I got a audi etron (Q8) wich can help me comparing the previous experience of a EV.
As a daily drive, I oriented my choice buying an EV car initially prurely due to taxes on sporty ICE where I leave.
To my humble experience, and after driving 500km in it and as I read a lot of stuffs ( that really helped waiting for delivery btw) about softwares, interior and all but FIRST:
YES IT DRIVES GREAT, NO IT S NOT JUST AN EV, I OFFERS SOME REALLY GREAT FUN, AND IT GOES FAST!

Plus points:
- despite some weird video seen online, finition is excellent as i can compare it to the 911 or cayenne.
I have some of the following options:
- Racetex heated wheel = excellent (again its not as soft as a leather wheel) but gives some great driving experience
- 18 way + 21 wheels = VERY CONFY, not a 911 with SPASM
- extended leather = excellent
- HUD = great, limited car play use
- passenger screen = nice use, just one thing, if you try to help your side passenger while driving --> (not ideal i know) but you ll face that limited view unless you are parked, but great option
- rear electrical sunset screen nice
- electric recharge doors ( not the best, better go for conventional to my opinion)
- rear trailer hook, looks ok
- chrono pack: i like the watch but thats it, other than that not very useful
- electric noise, turns on automatically in sport mode, could a little bit more sporty or ICE ish but bring a little plus to the experience
- tinted matrix --> awesome as always, a big +

Overall very nice interior, not noisy to drive, impressive 911 look a like driving experience especially in SPORT MODE

Minus points:
- Armest doesnt move up: im not small but long cruise would be better with some adjustments I think
- Rear view camera, not at its best but you get used to the quality
- Dont know for other parts of the world, but they positionned the fire extinguisher (at least on 18 way) in a positon where it affects a bit the way you would put bags on the floor of the pax side (while driving alone and you would grab it)
- Rear window view is restricted (get some cameras)
- SEATBELTS --> check forums reviews on it as someone mentioned buckle noise issue--> TRUE
- Purely my choice but Im not yet convinced on my rims (macan design 21), probably would have gone for the spyder instead. For those hesitating, go and see them in real, as configurator doesnt show the real stuff to my opinion, especially the black parts are satine looking (not glossy but somehow visible),

Enjoy the waiting your cars or the waiting room it you re sitting the queue

again just a humble review, not up to everybody's taste most probably, but fair and enthusiastic!

Sorry: interior picture a bit dirty, winter coming overhere
Hello also from Belgium

And congratulations

Waiting for my 4s... in december :)

Volcano Grey and black interior with a few touches of bordeaux red (belts, stichings,..) + steering wheel in race tex and roof in race tex. I chose the 22-inch spyder rims .. I hope the Belgian roads will forgive me ..:).

I already have a taycan 4s CT but for me a Macan corresponds better to the use for an electric vehicle.

The taycan is a bit of a 911 but unfortunately without the thermal engine and we remain hungry….

Electric Macan EV Quick owner review: Macan EV Turbo @ 500km IMG_0662

Electric Macan EV Quick owner review: Macan EV Turbo @ 500km IMG_1323

Electric Macan EV Quick owner review: Macan EV Turbo @ 500km IMG_1316