• Welcome to MacanEVowners! If you're joining us from Taycanforum.com, then you may already have an account here.

If you were registered on Taycanforum as of January 24, 2024 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password

If you wish, you can remove your account here.

Steel Suspension vs Adaptive Suspension?

miloshs

First Name
Milos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y
Country flag
Hi everyone,

Trying to gather thoughts on this topic. Adaptive Suspension is an additional 2.7k EUR in EU so I'm really wondering how much better it is for ride comfort?
Anyone have thoughts on this?

Marmolata

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Many people prefer air suspension, I am a bit of an outlier and much prefer springs. at least in ice version, the air made me a bit sea sick, they seem to make adjustments all the time and it feels a bit boaty. i also had air in a previous car and constantly broke down and very expensive to repair.

cometguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Panamera 4 ST E-Hybrid; planned Taycan CT4
Country flag
air suspension is notoriously prone to failure across all car brands, and it's well known as a failure point in Porsche four-door vehicles. The only problem I ever have had with two Panameras is the air suspension. Here in the US, we're being forced to take (and pay for) air suspension in the Macan Electric. But if it was an option, I'd stay away from it. Porsche normal suspension is plenty fine (I have owned three Porsches so far, one with steel springs and two with air suspension).

OP
OP

miloshs

First Name
Milos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y
Country flag
Really cool getting some insight from multiple Porsche owner's perspective.
How would you rate the comfort comparison between the steel one in comfort mode and air in comfort mode, on a scale 1-10?

CroquetMan

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes
Country flag
Air suspension in MY24 Taycan is absolutely superb - not at all 'boaty'. I used to drive a first generation Panamera 4S (steel springs) that was excellent but couldn't quite match the perfection of the Taycan on air. But, perhaps unsurprisingly (being a Porsche) you still get feedback from the road when cornering. For me, the Taycan-on-air is the very best car I have ever had the privilege of driving.

Yves

First Name
Yves
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW iX / Audi Q7
Country flag
It will enable you to lower the car without loosing comfort and extending range on the highway