• Welcome to MacanEVowners! If you're joining us from Taycanforum.com, then you may already have an account here.

If you were registered on Taycanforum as of January 24, 2024 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password

If you wish, you can remove your account here.

Taycan driver wanted after back-to-back hits and run at 3 am in Los Angeles - Video

TDinDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan 4S Cross Turismo, '06 Club Coupe (#48)
Country flag
it it weren't for the fact that this was likely a drunk/sleepy/high driver, it would be low-key hilarious. I mean, after hitting two cars, the driver calmly stops at the redlight, USES HIS OR HER TURN SIGNAL, before driving away. I swear I heard the driver muttering "D@mned Innodrive"!

Also, imagine what drivers of other cars would do. BMW? No turn signal and crash again on way out. Mustang or Charger? Takeover the intersection and do donuts before crashing into video-taking bystanders and a light pole . . .

Last edited:

dtich

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Taycan GTS (April del), 12 Model S (selling)
Country flag
Yeah. Not too funny in any case. The webpage for that video says they are searching for information, do they not have the license from that video, or is it as low resolution as it looks online? Which would be... a fail. And not surprising.

Don't like to see Taycans' name trashed around like this. Not good for anyone. :D

j.w.s

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
The number of light colored Taycan with Mission-e rims in LA is surprisingly high, but not so high that this person won't be found in a day or two.

TDinDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The number of light colored Taycan with Mission-e rims in LA is surprisingly high, but not so high that this person won't be found in a day or two.
I mean, you can't hide that kind of damage for long, especially not on a Taycan.

I can imagine a new thread "Any idea if this is totaled? I hit a very bad pothole . . ."

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 + Mini Electric in 2024/5
Country flag
Either a drunk owner or more probably stolen - will find out eventually I guess.

TDinDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Either a drunk owner or more probably stolen - will find out eventually I guess.
Or medical emergency . . . might not have even realized that they hit and run immediately if they really were having a serious episode . . . Might find out later that person passed away from heart attack, stroke or something else . . . or more likely were just crunk.

nickmdp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
Exactly, this is about as simple as cross referencing the list of owners against cell tower records, and I have a hard time believing they even end up with more than 10 people who were in the area at that time. About the only way he could be less inconspicuous would be driving an Acid Green GTS ST...

TDinDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Well, maybe, but I'm more "impressed" by the fact that the car could drive as fast as it was driving when the front left wheel was not rotating at all!

How far could it have gotten? Couldn't you just follow the gouges in the road?

Obi1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Well, maybe, but I'm more "impressed" by the fact that the car could drive as fast as it was driving when the front left wheel was not rotating at all!

How far could it have gotten? Couldn't you just follow the gouges in the road?
TDinDC: I was having a bad day at work and reading your posts on this subject totally turned things around. Absolutely hilarious ? ???. Each post building on the previous. I feel I can laugh because no one on the video appeared hurt, except the Taycan of course!

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
Impressive that the Taycan continued to operate, not throw errors and shut down.

TDinDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Impressive that the Taycan continued to operate, not throw errors and shut down.
I know, that’s what I said! Next Porsche commercial: “Kommen Sie am Ende einer langen Nacht “wildin’ with the boys” sicher nach Hause (get home safely after a long night of getting crunk with the boys). Gibt es ein besseres Familienauto?” (Is there a better family car)?

Last edited:

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I know, that’s what I said! Next Porsche commercial: “Will get you home no matter what happens after a night out wildin’. Gibt es ein besseres Familienauto?” (Is there a better family car)?
Gets you back to your kids so they don't become glue sniffers? ;)

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I bet the Police could subpoena the information from Porsche, which Taycan sedan in the LA area, or even California, reported airbag deployment or other errors +/- 30 minutes of the timestamp on the video. Unlikely there have been that many Taycans that crashed during that hour.