• Welcome to MacanEVowners! If you're joining us from Taycanforum.com, then you may already have an account here.

If you were registered on Taycanforum as of January 24, 2024 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password

If you wish, you can remove your account here.

Other Hobbies

Pozuelo

First Name
Roberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo S, 2018 E63S Estate (S213), 2014 A45 (W176)
Country flag
Example of 360 view of a Porsche winning the 1970 Austrian Alpine rally.

Pozuelo

First Name
Roberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
What video formats are allowed and what are the maximum sizes ? I cannot watch my own mp4 video ! I am on an iMac with Monterey 12.3.1. using Safari as my browser.

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
I am heavily addicted to rallying... since I cannot participate as a driver/co-driver as I have vertigo induced by high-g's, I have limited my participation to collecting books (over 1500 volumes) and 1:43 scale models (over 3300). I even bought a machine to photograph the models in 360 degrees.
That's an amazing collection of scale models! I'm guessing you have a few Lancia Integrales in there? (I had one as a garage queen for 22 years, I now only have a few scale models for the memories)
Does your vertigo restrict your ability to experience your Turbo S to the max? Even with a 4S I've backed off from an unpleasant sensation that might be vertigo...whatever it is, I suspect my medications may be a factor, I'm just hoping I can improve my g-tolerance.

Pozuelo

First Name
Roberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
In almost two years, I have not been able to do a full launch… Only up to maybe 80-90 km/h, then I run out of road or encounter traffic ! However my vertigo is strange… it is only due to lateral g’s, not vertical g’s or acceleration/decelaration. Since I was a kid, I have found that rollercoaster rides were terrible for me. When I exited, my head was spinning and I could not tell right from left or up from down even when laying or sitting on the floor. However there are some rides that only have a sudden drop up to 1g I suppose and those did not trigger my vertigo. Any road car with suspension bushings will not trigger my vertigo, but a track car with uniball bearings or racing kart will.

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
In almost two years, I have not been able to do a full launch… Only up to maybe 80-90 km/h, then I run out of road or encounter traffic ! However my vertigo is strange… it is only due to lateral g’s, not vertical g’s or acceleration/decelaration. Since I was a kid, I have found that rollercoaster rides were terrible for me. When I exited, my head was spinning and I could not tell right from left or up from down even when laying or sitting on the floor. However there are some rides that only have a sudden drop up to 1g I suppose and those did not trigger my vertigo. Any road car with suspension bushings will not trigger my vertigo, but a track car with uniball bearings or racing kart will.
I commend your persistence with subjecting yourself to the effects for so long, I'm thankful that I've only had problems in recent years (or maybe I've just not experienced linear acceleration of such strength).

DLP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ice Grey Turbo
Country flag
Fly fishing for salmon..... Making Flies for fly fishing for salmon ....... Making my own reels for fly fishing for salmon. So, really ...... Salmon Fishing! ........ Oh ...... and drinking real ale

Browning

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RangeRover D350 MHEV New Disco 300D MHEW Taycan4S
Country flag
Fly fishing for salmon..... Making Flies for fly fishing for salmon ....... Making my own reels for fly fishing for salmon. So, really ...... Salmon Fishing! ........ Oh ...... and drinking real ale
Great hobbies for me and also then Game season love it

Last edited:
Reactions: DLP

Pozuelo

First Name
Roberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Very off-topic

I am only missing info or better yet, photos of two of the Europe Rally Championship winners from 1953-1972. These are necessary to complete my collection and I have tried very hard to find these in the last 7-8 years…

The first one is from the 1956 Wiesbaden Rally, won by Bernd Jonnson and Kjell Persson in a Saab 93. The event took place from the 20th to the 24th of June.

The second one is from the 1956 Jadranski (Adriatic) Rally, won by Paul-Ernst Strähle and Hans Wencher in a Porsche 356 1300s. This event was held from the 26th to the 29th of September.

Again, photos would be invaluable, but photos of other competitors and the competition number of the winners would be useful. Also a photo (preferably) in color of the rally plate. Local newspapersfrom the period are sometimes the only sources.

Would anyone be able to help ?

Deleted member 4616

I used to go every year with my brother decades ago but nowadays almost no salmon in Scotland.
I only tied trout flies though, and making a reel - splendid!

Reactions: DLP

NewPdude

First Name
Rhett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M440i
Country flag
Too many that I only remember but don't do... in a year like 2020, getting the business through Covid and keeping the family happy dominated everything.

But I like to tinker with these jets. They are not expensive and allow endless ways of setting them up differently, tuning them or trying new flying tricks. And repairing them after uncontrolled impacts is easy because the structure is made from foam :).

T4S_Su-30.jpg

T4S_Su-30_Trunk.jpg
Has anybody seen a stray MIG in the neighborhood…??

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
I commend your persistence with subjecting yourself to the effects for so long, I'm thankful that I've only had problems in recent years (or maybe I've just not experienced linear acceleration of such strength).
I know so many people who have started suffering with vertigo/dizziness recently - who have never had it before (including me).

It started March '21 on a Sunday - 3 weeks after my first covid jab. Never had anything like it before, then it suddenly appeared.
Slowly improved since and not bad now.

But as I say, I know a lot of people in same position.

NewPdude

First Name
Rhett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M440i
Country flag

Big organised event for Black September with pilots from UK, Europe and across the pond.

I make my appearance at 4:05. You can see the “S” on my wings.
What kind of plane are you in? I’m into aviation myself…. Looked like a lot of fun!!