• Welcome to MacanEVowners! If you're joining us from Taycanforum.com, then you may already have an account here.

If you were registered on Taycanforum as of January 24, 2024 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password

If you wish, you can remove your account here.

MacanE spottet in Denmark

OP
OP
ThomasDK

ThomasDK

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW I3
Country flag
The front number was nice, and I forgot to take a picture ?. 4 different Macan were spottet at IONITY in Denmark today and yesterday

Macan EV MacanE spottet in Denmark E1EE276C-3E26-4999-A3B4-16D02145FE46

Macan EV MacanE spottet in Denmark ED0F1FF5-5FCA-484F-ABB4-5BEF7F02699D

O2TheL

First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lots of Ducati, LR Defender, Audi S5, Taycan 4S
Country flag
Charge port on each rear flank too. Wonder if they will be CCS on both?
I'm not sure those are production version charge points. Look at the exhausts also.
Appears to be a ICE Macan body shell.

simcity

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan Turbo, Eletre R (on order)
Country flag
I'm not sure those are production version charge points.
Possibly not, but it’s odd the CCS port (that we know of) is on the same side as the driver on a LHD car. That’s what leads me to suspect both ports are CCS equipped.
Look at the exhausts also.
They look like mouldings in the bumper rather than (fake) pipes to emulate the current car.

CarbonTax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan RWD
Country flag
Possibly not, but it’s odd the CCS port (that we know of) is on the same side as the driver on a LHD car. That’s what leads me to suspect both ports are CCS equipped.

They look like mouldings in the bumper rather than (fake) pipes to emulate the current car.
and fugly sand dollar wheels to emulate a Tesla Y? :oops:

tchavei

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Too many to list. Includes a MY23 Taycan RWD
Country flag
I'm concerned that all the tests we're seeing (and I dare to say the same about the taycan) are all in cold climates.

Knowing about the sensibility of lithium batteries, wouldn't it be smart to take those cars into the heat sometimes and analyse performance and degradation?

Maybe I'm not seeing this right but I would like to see those things running through deserts too.

jakeCT

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
missed: RX8 / current: Model 3, MYP / CT4 waitlist
Country flag
I'm concerned that all the tests we're seeing (and I dare to say the same about the taycan) are all in cold climates.

Knowing about the sensibility of lithium batteries, wouldn't it be smart to take those cars into the heat sometimes and analyse performance and degradation?

Maybe I'm not seeing this right but I would like to see those things running through deserts too.

Porsche did plenty of tests with the pre-production Taycan in South Africa, see: https://newsroom.porsche.com/dam/jcr:620d20fc-67c9-43a2-bc6f-c654cbc3e2ef/Roads-to-Taycan_EN.pdf

AutobahnGTS

First Name
Lars
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, Model S 100D, Model 3P
Country flag

It‘s correct that most spy photos we ever see of cars are basically always in the cold of Northern Europe. I visit Sierra Nevada (in Andalusia, Spain) pretty frequently. It gets crazy hot there in the summer and the road goes up to over 3000m of elevation (highest road in Europe, that’s why I visit ;) ). There are tons of new cars being tested there, including Porsches, every time in visit. However you hardly ever see the spy shots being posted anywhere. Dunno why that is.

Just some of the many pictures I took myself last summer:

Macan EV MacanE spottet in Denmark 1B5ABD39-84BE-4EDF-A5FD-C0DB24B54F7F

Macan EV MacanE spottet in Denmark CEEA07B7-129B-4CCC-B1E6-4D3BBD09D8F8

Macan EV MacanE spottet in Denmark FFAFEF36-6813-422F-890F-535081058767

AutobahnGTS

First Name
Lars
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, Model S 100D, Model 3P
Country flag
If I had taken any, I would‘ve posted them. I am on my road bike when I‘m there, so I don‘t always have my DSLR handy ;) You‘ll now just have to believe me that Porsche tests there as well.
You can find Spy Shots of the 992 GT3 Touring being tested there a couple of months before it was released. Not sure they test every car there, but definitely some.

My point was rather, that a lot of the testing that is carried out by these companies flies under the radar. I absolutely believe the Taycans were and are tested in the heat.

tchavei

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Too many to list. Includes a MY23 Taycan RWD
Country flag
It‘s correct that most spy photos we ever see of cars are basically always in the cold of Northern Europe. I visit Sierra Nevada (in Andalusia, Spain) pretty frequently. It gets crazy hot there in the summer and the road goes up to over 3000m of elevation (highest road in Europe, that’s why I visit ;) ). There are tons of new cars being tested there, including Porsches, every time in visit. However you hardly ever see the spy shots being posted anywhere. Dunno why that is.

Just some of the many pictures I took myself last summer:

1B5ABD39-84BE-4EDF-A5FD-C0DB24B54F7F.png

CEEA07B7-129B-4CCC-B1E6-4D3BBD09D8F8.png

FFAFEF36-6813-422F-890F-535081058767.png
Hahaha. Maybe we'll cross paths some day. I like going to Sierra Nevada myself occasionally. Last time it was rather fun.

Porsche pics would be great ?
Actually, BMW might have a preference for Sierra Nevada. I remember seeing a line of Mini's stuck vertically in the snow on display (like if you park your skis) many years ago on one of my trips. They seem to be always around.