• Welcome to MacanEVowners! If you're joining us from Taycanforum.com, then you may already have an account here.

If you were registered on Taycanforum as of January 24, 2024 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password

If you wish, you can remove your account here.

Macan EV deposits / reservations

PatPel71

First Name
Patrice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S 2021
Country flag
Looking at ICE, the Macan S would be the first trim I would consider. Good balance of performance and price.

But EV is another beast. The sub 5 and even sub 4 seconds have become the norm, if you look at Ford, Tesla, Kia, heck even Smart… all at a fraction of the cost.

Porsche is in another league when it comes to driving experience, no doubt. Still. People got used to very fast acceleration and getting a 0-100kmh / 0-60mph in 5 seconds would be a step backwards - at a huge premium.
But we also have to remember that Porsche is always conservative - of all cars I owned in the last 20 years I have always had better 0-60 than what was published. Same thing for my Taycan 4S - both in terms of range and 0-60. We shall see when real reviews will come out and when some of us will get their hands on in about 3-5 months.

KBEV

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan
Country flag
Slowly but surely, USA configurator coming together!

tmrqs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan Turbo Electric ordered!
Country flag
Given what I’m seeing in terms of performance and price, think I will be waiting for the S version (whenever they decide to release it): that would probably be the sweet spot.

Base model is too slow 0-60, Turbo is too pricey.

senwar

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover Velar, CT4 on order
Country flag
Really like it. Wish I’d waited a little longer now and got this instead of Taycan. Only cos financially I’d be far better off.

Bella

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan 4 Sept, Prius
Country flag
Really like it. Wish I’d waited a little longer now and got this instead of Taycan. Only cos financially I’d be far better off.
Sold my Taycan CT a few months ago. It was just too large for me and will order the base EV Macan. I just sent my Dealer my tentative order. Configurator not able to send details yet to Porsche. I was told orders are not being taken today. Curious if anyone hears differently this week.

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
Sold my Taycan CT a few months ago. It was just too large for me and will order the base EV Macan.
I think it's a similar width, slightly heavier and only a few 8 inches shorter than the Taycan.
EDITED- oops!

Last edited:

ssim

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Targa 4 GTS; Panamera 4S; Cayenne E-Hybrid
Country flag
I posted on my thread on TaycanForum as well, but for anyone in the U.S. looking to order a Macan EV:

If you're interested in working with an excellent dealership to secure a Macan EV 4 or Turbo allocation at MSRP, with no games, please PM me. This is a store that sold Taycans at MSRP throughout the frenzy of 2021-2022, when most stores in the country were selling over MSRP.

As I've mentioned before, my goal has always been to reward a good store with business to help the community...and as we move into a new chapter of Porsche EVs, I'd be happy to connect anyone interested with a SA that will take good care of them! I receive no compensation besides goodwill.

tmrqs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I posted on my thread on TaycanForum as well, but for anyone in the U.S. looking to order a Macan EV:

If you're interested in working with an excellent dealership to secure a Macan EV 4 or Turbo allocation at MSRP, with no games, please PM me. This is a store that sold Taycans at MSRP throughout the frenzy of 2021-2022, when most stores in the country were selling over MSRP.

As I've mentioned before, my goal has always been to reward a good store with business to help the community...and as we move into a new chapter of Porsche EVs, I'd be happy to connect anyone interested with a SA that will take good care of them! I receive no compensation besides goodwill.
Are they in California?

ssim

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Targa 4 GTS; Panamera 4S; Cayenne E-Hybrid
Country flag
Are they in California?
The store is on the east coast, but most of the clients I referred them for Taycan were actually in CA...and the majority took advantage of PEC Los Angeles Delivery.

Pbear16

First Name
Mj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan, Macan
Country flag
I have an early allocation for the EV Macan and was just advised by dealer that they're ready to "build it". I don't want it at this time, does it have any value?

tmrqs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I have an early allocation for the EV Macan and was just advised by dealer that they're ready to "build it". I don't want it at this time, does it have any value?
Lucky you! Still waiting to hear back from my guy.

Bella

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan 4 Sept, Prius
Country flag
Lucky you! Still waiting to hear back from my guy.
I was told yesterday, by the Dealer, that no deliveries will be made until Sept. Has anyone else been told this. I also saw a note on the Rennlist Forum saying the same thing.