• Welcome to MacanEVowners! If you're joining us from Taycanforum.com, then you may already have an account here.

If you were registered on Taycanforum as of January 24, 2024 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password

If you wish, you can remove your account here.

S or not to S

mako

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC60 T8
Country flag
I'm having hard time deciding should I upgrade my Macan 4 configuration to 4S http://www.porsche-code.com/PS5DRLV6
With the options (Advantage package plus, Macan S wheels) upgrading would be only 5000 euros more, but delivery would be postponed from December to mid-February. I have no practical reasons to upgrade, just tiny fear that 4 would feel later that I didn't take absolutely everything I wanted. Any comments, would it be worth waiting longer?

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan Turbo,Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
easy “S” - always “S” or better - it more closely resembles they way Porsche really wants the car to be

“S” or better is typically how the car should be

trim levels less than S are typically to round out the price points across the range

also higher trim levels come with more stuff standard - so if you equip a non-S to equal an S the price difference is not as big

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
The 4 will feel quick but the 4S is in that sweet spot where it feels fast but not so fast that you can't also let loose sometimes.

If you're buying to enjoy the driving experience, the S is a good call.

I'll also be curious to see residuals between the two trims. It's a surprisingly small price difference for a significant power/standard option increase.

Especially worth noting if changing to the 4S moves you from a MY24 to a MY25. MY25s will have more value.

Last edited:
OP
OP
mako

mako

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC60 T8
Country flag
The 4 will feel quick but the 4S is in that sweet spot where it feels fast but not so fast that you can't also let loose sometimes.

If you're buying to enjoy the driving experience, the S is a good call.

I'll also be curious to see residuals between the two trims. It's a surprisingly small price difference for a significant power/standard option increase.

Especially worth noting if changing to the 4S moves you from a MY24 to a MY25. MY25s will have more value.
You are right, registration year 2025 will probably keep residual value higher. And regarding performance, I had test drive with Turbo and there is some risk that Macan 4 will feel like it falls short with performance. Conclusion: I asked my dealer to upgrade :)

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Just wanted to add that I drove a 4 today and thought it was quite slow. Didn't really feel quick at all. Even Sport Plus launch was very meh. If it's sub 5 seconds it's barely there.

Again, many people may not care but it's very slow for an EV.

Last edited: