• Welcome to MacanEVowners! If you're joining us from Taycanforum.com, then you may already have an account here.

If you were registered on Taycanforum as of January 24, 2024 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password

If you wish, you can remove your account here.

wmras

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan TS, GT4 (sold), Macan Turbo, Cayman SBE 987.18
Country flag
The lottery turned out wrong for me…
The tire lottery can be a good thing. It has caused me to live with tires I would not normally choose and learn that factory Pirelli summer tires on a Taycan Turbo S are significantly smoother and quieter than Goodyear N rated tires, even with sound insulating glass. The measured sound level may be nearly identical, but the noise pattern is more enjoyable.

I agree with many that Michelin are my first choice, but others work very well and sometimes better.

bbmertz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan, Tesla Y, Ford F-150
Country flag
I’ve had 20” Michelin Pilot Sport All-Season 4 tires on my Tesla Y for years and they do offer great traction and a quiet ride.

One caveat is that they tend to wear down quickly after about 25K miles due to the extra battery weight of the electric car and become very noisy as the tread wears after only about 20K miles.

Last edited:

DuckMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
X5 40i, TRD Taco, K1200RS. past: M5, M3, 135i S2.
Country flag
My 20” came equipped with pirellis.

IMG_0986.jpg
Did not dig the tires at all on our X5 in the winter. To much ice in our neck of the woods, actually frightened me a few times and i love winter driving. Swapped them out for X-Ice this last winter. Still have them mounted up if anyone needs a set for an X5 or similar in the beginning of Nov.

OP
OP
Bennie

Bennie

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan 4, MINI Cooper S
Country flag
Made an appointment today to have my Bridgestones replaced by Goodyears for a reasonable price.
Good to read that the majority of members are satisfied with what is on the rims of their Macan. After next week I will be one of them.

tmrqs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan Turbo Electric ordered!
Country flag
Made an appointment today to have my Bridgestones replaced by Goodyears for a reasonable price.
Good to read that the majority of members are satisfied with what is on the rims of their Macan. After next week I will be one of them.
How much is it going to cost you?