• Welcome to MacanEVowners! If you're joining us from Taycanforum.com, then you may already have an account here.

If you were registered on Taycanforum as of January 24, 2024 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password

If you wish, you can remove your account here.

20 vs 21 inch wheels - thoughts / opinions?

Yves

First Name
Yves
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW iX / Audi Q7
Country flag
I went for the 20’s still waiting on my car but I already saw it … they look “OK” but I would prefer the aero 21’s on the condition they are painted black … something I will consider with the 20’s as well. But from a comfort and range perspective the 20’s will be much better … that was my reason to stick with them, we’ll see how long they are on the car. Another benefit is that you can keep the 20’s for winter tires …

Zippo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 taycan rwd
I have an oak green macan 4s on order. Anyone have at least a real life picture of the S design wheels? In the configurator they look almost identical as the taycan 20" turbo aero wheels. This is my build config. Lock date tomorrow o_O. Still considering to go for the 4s launch look with off road package and 21 vesuvius wheels. It will lose a bit of its class looking more rugged. But I'm also not 100% convinced on the standard plastic front lip.

Salmonfisher

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2 plus/pilot
Country flag
I went for the 20’s still waiting on my car but I already saw it … they look “OK” but I would prefer the aero 21’s on the condition they are painted black … something I will consider with the 20’s as well. But from a comfort and range perspective the 20’s will be much better … that was my reason to stick with them, we’ll see how long they are on the car. Another benefit is that you can keep the 20’s for winter tires …
Yves Are these the standard 20” or the 20” sport? Would love to see a picture when you pick it up.

Zippo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 taycan rwd
I really wonder why there is no single real life example ? Weren't these available to Porsche when building the press demo cars ?

If these are almost identical to the taycan turbo aeros, I would be glad. I have them on my taycan currently and always liked them. Not to bold but neither dorky like a a lot of the other aero wheels. They are also quite easy to keep clean.

Maybe they are just the best deal and Porsche doesn`t want to loose initial revenue on wheel upgrades ;)