• Welcome to MacanEVowners! If you're joining us from Taycanforum.com, then you may already have an account here.

If you were registered on Taycanforum as of January 24, 2024 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password

If you wish, you can remove your account here.

Air Conditioning Issue - Not Functioning!?!?

n4v4nod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 Macan 4, 2024 Spyder RS
Country flag
We took delivery of our Macan 4 today. Delivery was perfect as usual. We did the paperwork and went through features in the indoor delivery bay. Due to my crazy schedule they squeezed me in... rushed it for me, in doing so, it was only 45% charged. They said I could leave it there to charge complete while we did a few errands. Upon returning to driving it home, I noticed that the AC was not functioning correctly. I can control the fan speed, turn it off, but no cooling is provided no matter which mode. I tried everything, even the volume control reset. I gave up and returned back to the dealer an hour before they closed. The sales manager was stumped as well. Tomorrow I will being returning back to the dealer for a service center visit. It's no big deal as the dealer is only 5 miles from me. I'm curious if anyone else has or had this issue?

Macan EV Air Conditioning Issue - Not Functioning!?!? IMG_4622

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Coupé Hybrid / 21 Taycan 4s perf.batt.plus
Country flag
Maybe cabin pressure sensors not working? Already happened with Taycan, subject to recall

krissrock

First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi TT Roadster, Ducati Panigale, Cheverolet Trailblazer, Kia Sportage Hybrid
Country flag
uh oh.....that was actually one of the things i paid attention to when i test drove one because it was noted on the Lyriq that the AC didn't get cold.
but the Macan i drove was good.
I hope this is a one off, gets resolved quickly for you, and then have a good explaination as to why

TonySCV

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q4
I sure hope that the Macan/Q6 do not have the same A/C system as the Q4. There have been a *lot* of problems with the new CO2-based refrigerant system on the Q4. You can read the host of issues here: https://www.e-tronforum.com/threads/q4-a-c-malfunction.4972/page-1

tl;dr: The system operates under much higher pressures with the CO2 refrigerant, and there have been leaks. High pressure + tiny molecule = problems, unfortunately. :\

macanchan

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I have an issue with my Turbo. The passenger side footwell vent just constantly running, i cannot select different air distribution on the passenger side.