• Welcome to MacanEVowners! If you're joining us from Taycanforum.com, then you may already have an account here.

If you were registered on Taycanforum as of January 24, 2024 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password

If you wish, you can remove your account here.

Are you ordering the Macan EV? - Yes, No, Maybe?

When are you placing your order?

• In the next 6-12 months (after the first batch of NY24 went out, want some kinks to ironed out)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

tmrqs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan Turbo Electric ordered!
Country flag
The car was announced officially less than a month ago, details are still limited, but it is an intriguing car.
I myself am very much leaning towards placing an order, actually spent time time at 2 dealerships this weekend and could secure a car this Summer!

But also trying to be pragmatic as we're talking 6 figures and I have several questions that no one has been able to answer so far.

What about you? Where's your mind at?

Mr_Frenchy

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan GTS 2017
Country flag
Macan 4 is a no no
Macan Turbo is great but cost 140kā‚¬ with my "Must have" options
So I am going to wait for the GTS version which is usually the best value car in Porsche lineup

Plus the GTS will probably be released in 12 , 18 months time, enough time for Porsche to fix all the little imperfections the new Macan has šŸ˜‰

Last edited:

Zen1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Skoda / Kia
Country flag
What were the questions you wanted answered?
My mind is asking why no full vegan option for a vehicle which is obviously so vitally important to Porsche to be a success.....and yet the new Taycan does have vegan options... can't understand the logic there to be honest.

Ross

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS - Audi Etron
Country flag
My mind is asking why no full vegan option for a vehicle which is obviously so vitally important to Porsche to be a success.....and yet the new Taycan does have vegan options... can't understand the logic there to be honest.
You can have vegan trim (on Macan 4) for free unlike Ā£1000 option on Taycans but you need to spec the Race Tex wheel for Ā£500 to get rid of the only bit of leather in the car.
Your right that with the Turbo you should be able to go Vegan (back to base trim) as no cost option

Zen1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Skoda / Kia
Country flag
It's the Turbo I'd be buying if it was full vegan....also another issue is the HUD....only available on Turbo with compulsory extra leather on dash.....I mean why...?...just why..!!...?.
Am now waiting to see if the Audi Q6 e-tron is any better.

cometguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Panamera 4 ST E-Hybrid; planned Taycan CT4
Country flag
Like with the first-gen Taycan, I think there will be some options that come out later that aren't there initially. One is the electrochromic glass in the roof. I wish that Americans could get the Macan Electric with an all-metal roof (as Europeans apparently can). If I'm getting a glass roof against my will, I at least want a way to shut out the maximum sunlight. Another missing option is the infrared "Night Vision Assist" camera, which I'm hoping will come soon. And I'm thinking that, even though Porsche has solved some problems with the Taycan over the last 3-4 years, this is still a new platform for the Macan Electric, and a new split-800-volt architecture, so I'm wanting to sit back and see how the first year of ownership plays out for those bold people getting it right away. (And I'm still debating the newly revised, better-range Taycan CT4 in cross-shopping with the Macan 4, the former which I had been waiting on because of the range being so poor in the first-gen versions.)

Ross

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS - Audi Etron
Country flag
It's the Turbo I'd be buying if it was full vegan....also another issue is the HUD....only available on Turbo with compulsory extra leather on dash.....I mean why...?...just why..!!...?.
Am now waiting to see if the Audi Q6 e-tron is any better.
I would like a Turbo and I could justify it with minimal man maths.
The only extras I need/want on a Turbo are ACC, Partition net and roof rails and so it would have great % residuals

I actually like the fact that Porsche have scored an own goal as they are 'forcing'
me to get a Macan 4 as that is the only way I can get:

1. Fabric seats
2. Race tex GT heated wheel WITHOUT the stupid, ugly chrono stopwatch on the dash

and they are 'forcing' me NOT to have the new HUD which I would otherwise be very tempted by.

I do still need 4k of extras on a Macan 4 but it' s still Ā£22,000 less than a Turbo (my spec 74 vs 96)
and the depreciation will be a greater % but a smaller amount.

I have only used the maximum huge power in my GTS twice in 2 years. Anything more powerful than a Mac 4 is entirely unnecessary for me.

Gbanerjea

First Name
Gautam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Macan GTS
Country flag
Macan 4 is a no no
Macan Turbo is great but cost 140kā‚¬ with my "Must have" options
So I am going to wait for the GTS version which is usually the best value car in Porsche lineup

Plus the GTS will probably be released in 12 , 18 months time, enough time for Porsche to fix all the little imperfections the new Macan has šŸ˜‰
why is 4 a no no? Just curious. Agree GTS is the way to go. I have one. Gas.

Mr_Frenchy

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan GTS 2017
Country flag
why is 4 a no no? Just curious. Agree GTS is the way to go. I have one. Gas.
I ve got an ICE GTS 2017 that is already faster (not by by much I agree) and lighter than the Machan 4 and that costed me Ā£67K so if I have to pay way more it s for getting way more šŸ˜‰, the macan 4 does not bring me anything more that I already have with my ICE...

OP
OP
tmrqs

tmrqs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
There were several, in no particular order:
  • Will the US Macan MY24 come with NACS or CCS ports? NACS is rumored to be on MY25 but no confirmation.
  • Really love the Head-Up Display on my X3 35i 10 years ago and the Macan one looks fantastic, but will it work when using Apple CarPlay navigation? Or only with the Porsche navigation?
  • Similarly, what information can I expect Apple CarPlay (current CP gen, not next one) to display on the screen behind the wheel?
  • When are they getting EPA assessed?
  • When will the demo model be available? Heard anywhere between end of March and May.
  • 2 dealerships have told me the Turbo version comes with 3 years of free EA (vs 1 year for Macan 4) but the configurator gives 1 year regardless of the trim. Whoā€™s right?
  • Will PPE allow for more frequent/easier OTA updates than on the Taycan?
I feel like Iā€™m forgetting something but these are the ones I can think of right now.
If anyone has confirmation/sources on any of theseā€¦

WasserGKuehlt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4CT, 996C2, MacanS
Country flag
BTDT with ordering a new Porsche. The Macan EV is a very compelling replacement for our ICE S, but Iā€™ll be picking one gently used, for 1/2 price in ~3 years.

SCOUBI22222

First Name
ARNAUD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
PORSCHE TAYCAN ST
Country flag
Hello,
Do you know why there are no blackout roof options and rear screens?

OP
OP
tmrqs

tmrqs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Resurfacing this topic, see how things have evolved since Feb.