• Welcome to MacanEVowners! If you're joining us from Taycanforum.com, then you may already have an account here.

If you were registered on Taycanforum as of January 24, 2024 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password

If you wish, you can remove your account here.

Car damaged during shipment

macanchan

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
E30/36/46 M3, 97 993TT, 08 S2K CR, 08 430 Scuderia
Country flag
I had a minor damage under the side skirt. The dealer didn't tell me but I happened to catch a photo of that side before I took delivery and drove it home. I found it a week later and they had no problem ordering the part to replace... they actually don't even want to talk about it. I think it may have been from the pre delivery inspection and must have hit the lift arm or something similar. since it's a gloss black part, I hope it's just an easy replacement.

I'm glad they told you about it.. I had a similar issue happen with a EQE AMG SUV. I declined the repair and ended up ordering a Macan.. 9 months later here I am!

I know it can be upsetting but at least you didn't pay for the car and can walk away. I think you should reject this one and get a 2025 model.

OP
OP

ExVolt

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt
Country flag
Our SA called last night. They heard from the port that it was just a scratched rear bumper. Porsche is airfreighting a new one from Germany. The estimated port departure date is Oct 25. Might have it for Halloween if the software installation goes smoothly. Fingers crossed.