• Welcome to MacanEVowners! If you're joining us from Taycanforum.com, then you may already have an account here.

If you were registered on Taycanforum as of January 24, 2024 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password

If you wish, you can remove your account here.

Has anyone tried the automatic parking function?

Duke95

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Pathfinder, Macan 4 on order
Country flag
Noting too I basically got this for the 360 view...have had this on my 2017 Pathfinder and it's THE BEST. Totally worth it even if u don't have the car self-park

OP
OP
PaoloPix

PaoloPix

First Name
Paolo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A4 Avant
Country flag
I definitely don't care much about the self parking. What I wish it did have is the ability to use the app to back the car in and out of a spot while you're not in the car. Very useful for a tight garage or if some a**hat parks so close to your car you can't open the door (I've had to do that a few times with my iX).
I saw a video of a cayenne owner pulling it out of park using his phone. They called it "remote parking". Can anyone see if their macan can do this?

Diego

First Name
Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan 4
Country flag
No thereā€™s no remote parking options on the Macan at the moment.

Diego

First Name
Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan 4
Country flag
In addiction this is a common function for Tesla owner but in the EU itā€™s limited also on Tesla (you have to stay very close to the car). I pay 4000ā‚¬ for the advanced auto pilot in my Tesla that itā€™s never been authorized by the EU: so while my friend in the US got their car to pickup them automatically I have to impress my friend standing near the car and moving it at 1 km/h out of a parking spotā€¦ the world has not the same law and laws are not the same all over the world ā€¦

tmrqs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan Turbo Electric ordered!
Country flag
In addiction this is a common function for Tesla owner but in the EU itā€™s limited also on Tesla (you have to stay very close to the car). I pay 4000ā‚¬ for the advanced auto pilot in my Tesla that itā€™s never been authorized by the EU: so while my friend in the US got their car to pickup them automatically I have to impress my friend standing near the car and moving it at 1 km/h out of a parking spotā€¦ the world has not the same law and laws are not the same all over the world ā€¦
At the same time, given the terrifying videos of Teslas navigating busy US parking lots and almost crashing in other carsā€¦ itā€™s not a bad thing EU stepped up to forbid that.

Diego

First Name
Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan 4
Country flag
At the same time, given the terrifying videos of Teslas navigating busy US parking lots and almost crashing in other carsā€¦ itā€™s not a bad thing EU stepped up to forbid that.
Yes Iā€™m with you 200% BUT then donā€™t make me pay for something that you canā€™t give me. Otherwise if something is allowed in the US should be the same in the EU and vice versa

Diego

First Name
Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan 4
Country flag
I paid also for Innodrive (live to use Autopilot and now Innodrive on long highway early morning drive) and find it better that EU autopilot: itā€™s smooth and, at the moment, great to predict behaviors of the cars ahead.

tmrqs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan Turbo Electric ordered!
Country flag
Yes Iā€™m with you 200% BUT then donā€™t make me pay for something that you canā€™t give me. Otherwise if something is allowed in the US should be the same in the EU and vice versa
Agreed. But Tesla makes people pay every chance they get. Just think of the people that put down a $50k deposit in 2018 for a Roadster that was supposed to arrive that yearā€¦ and are still waiting 6 years later. šŸ˜‚

Diego

First Name
Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan 4
Country flag
Yes thatā€™s one of the reasons I run away from ā€œthe manā€ā€¦