• Welcome to MacanEVowners! If you're joining us from Taycanforum.com, then you may already have an account here.

If you were registered on Taycanforum as of January 24, 2024 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password

If you wish, you can remove your account here.

Leather package vs interior (dashboard material?)

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
So odd. That renders full leather mostly pointless unless you want deviated stitching (requires full leather option) or Biege. In fact you seem to get MORE colored leather with the partial package, as it makes the door panel center the option color rather than black in full leather.

Okay, they ALSO updated the option description now and ADDED "Dashboard Lower Section" AND "Door Panels" for the Leather Package. It was not there previously for the sub Turbo models.

Thanks for tracking that down!

I would now fully endorse only the leather package unless you want to pay $2400 (US spec) for Biege or want to spend a lot more to get deviated stitching. Otherwise not enough, if any, difference to justify the cost for "Full Leather"

Last edited:

bbmertz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan, Tesla Y, Ford F-150
Country flag
Odd that the Leather Package in Black does not include the dashboard lower section. In fact, it doesn’t mention the dashboard at all, yet the configurator shows stitching on the upper dash for the non-turbo models when this option is selected (as tmrqs pointed out).

NicoLib

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S CT
Country flag
Getting ready to finalize my configuration. I’m going Volcano gray and still debating chalk leather package vs limestone leather interior. Does anyone know what the dashboard top in front of passenger is made of for the leather package? Is it plasticky or is it just a lower grade leather or a faux leather? I prefer the chalk against the gray exterior, but I really like having the leather dashboard in my other Porsches I’ve owned in the past.
Hello
I chose volcano grey and beige chalk interior because the contrast is beautiful.

A light interior increases the interior volume of the car

In addition, there are beige stitching on the black leather parts. Very classy

I'm only a little afraid of dirt on the seats over time... At least the inside of the doors is black on the bottom and therefore not too many traces of shoes on the doors.

Macan EV Leather package vs interior (dashboard material?) Capture d’écran 2024-09-08 à 11.57.53

Macan EV Leather package vs interior (dashboard material?) Capture d’écran 2024-09-08 à 11.58.56

Macan EV Leather package vs interior (dashboard material?) IMG_9356

Macan EV Leather package vs interior (dashboard material?) IMG_9354

Macan EV Leather package vs interior (dashboard material?) IMG_9353

Macan EV Leather package vs interior (dashboard material?) IMG_9350

Macan EV Leather package vs interior (dashboard material?) IMG_9348

Diego

First Name
Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3 LR '21 - Macan 4 expected arrival 20/9/24
Country flag
Very nice config @NicoLib. Add the same fear and at the end ordered black interior since I am going to use the Macan 4 as a daily car (and for at least 150 kms a day).

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I did a little digging and found some clarification, some very ugly clarification.

Canada gets the same two options but with a far more accurate description. "Leather Package" vs "Leather Package with Extended Leather"

The ONLY difference between Leather Package and "Full" Leather is........ stitching on the upper door panels. That's it. In the US going from $1,180 to $3,530 gets you stitching and maybe leather ONLY on the upper door panel. Nothing else. I think it's still leather, just not stitched, on the "Leather Package", although not 100% sure.

In addition, you actually LOSE colored leather on the lower door panel. "Leather Package" uses the color option for the panel with the door storage, "Full Leather" uses black.

Contrasting decorative seams in Bordeaux Red on the following components:
  • Upper part of the door panels (front and rear)

Last edited:

NicoLib

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S CT
Country flag
I did a little digging and found some clarification, some very ugly clarification.

Canada gets the same two options but with a far more accurate description. "Leather Package" vs "Leather Package with Extended Leather"

The ONLY difference between Leather Package and "Full" Leather is........ stitching on the upper door panels. That's it. In the US going from $1,180 to $3,530 gets you stitching and maybe leather ONLY on the upper door panel. Nothing else. I think it's still leather, just not stitched, on the "Leather Package", although not 100% sure.

In addition, you actually LOSE colored leather on the lower door panel. "Leather Package" uses the color option for the panel with the door storage, "Full Leather" uses black.

Contrasting decorative seams in Bordeaux Red on the following components:
  • Upper part of the door panels (front and rear)
In Europe: Here are the differences: sorry it's in French.. ;-)

Macan EV Leather package vs interior (dashboard material?) IMG_0431

Macan EV Leather package vs interior (dashboard material?) IMG_0430

Macan EV Leather package vs interior (dashboard material?) IMG_0429

Macan EV Leather package vs interior (dashboard material?) IMG_0428