• Welcome to MacanEVowners! If you're joining us from Taycanforum.com, then you may already have an account here.

If you were registered on Taycanforum as of January 24, 2024 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password

If you wish, you can remove your account here.

Manbeast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar
Country flag
I'm a bit worried. The center console does not seem ergonomic at all, similar to the center console of the Polestar 2. Too high to comfortably place your elbow. This is infuriating to me, because I always bump my elbow in my current car (Polestar 2).

Also, the cupholders seem to be implemented too deep in the center console. Is it going to be easy to reach out for your drinks?

The small things make the difference.

Curious what you guys think.

Last edited:

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag
I'm a bit worried. The center console does not seem ergonomic at all, similar to the center console of the Polestar 2. Too high to comfortably place your elbow. This is infuriating to me, because I always bump my elbow in my current car (Polestar 2).

Also, the cupholders seem to be implemented too deep in the center console. Is it going to be easy to reach out for your drinks?

Both work great for me. I don’t think you should be worried. The thing that sucks about the center console is trying to put stuff in or get stuff out of it.

Marmolata

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag

there are absolutely NO drinks allowed in mine. all i need is a liquid mess to spill on the center screen. ?

JonoNZ

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW iX M60, Audi RS3, Porsche Macan Turbo PR1X9KR5
Country flag
Looks great, if the Taycan doesn’t get some of this in the MY2024 facelift it will start to look a bit dated. I have my name down for a Macan EV and a facelift Taycan, not sure which way to go…

AmineS

First Name
Amine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 540i, Ducati Panigale V4S, BMW R1200GS, RWD
Country flag
There is an icon for Porsche digital key. Anyone heard about this? coming as part of a software update to Taycan?

JonoNZ

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
There is an icon for Porsche digital key. Anyone heard about this? coming as part of a software update to Taycan?
Not sure, but likely Apple CarKey support (like our BMW iX has). It will require new hardware as it uses UWB. Add it to the list of expectations for the Taycan facelift.

Luminated67

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i4M50
Country flag
Looking at the dash design behind the display, it doesn’t lend itself to a HUD in my opinion, definitely looks too small an area from these images. Living with HUDs in my last few cars the thought of not having one would be a bummer.

npx

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
234km at 82%? o_O I hope that's consumption when they drove the wheels off of this thing. Do like the airco setup though.
wouldn't be too worried, if you zoom in you can see the exterior temp is 0.5 degrees Celsius (33F) . Definitely eating the range there, but the battery temp is 27C (80F) , and I'd hazard it takes some spirited driving to heat the battery nicely when it's pretty cold out.

Wilson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan ST 4S On Order, Tesla M3P, A35 AMG
Country flag
Looking at the dash design behind the display, it doesn’t lend itself to a HUD in my opinion, definitely looks too small an area from these images. Living with HUDs in my last few cars the thought of not having one would be a bummer.
The dash design is pretty similar to a Taycan without HUD, you don’t get the hood over the display without a HUD, the depth of the dash is hidden by the rolled up cover so difficult to tell, I imagine they will fit one just fine.

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 + Mini Electric in 2024/5
Country flag
Just focusing on two areas - rear upper qtr and side passenger door panels, suspect the rear qtr will look something like this and the side panels might have the Taycan vents - ignore my Frankenstein 30 sec cut and paste job if you can :)!! Given more time or better still, someone with actual graphics skills could easily render the final car if not already done (I cut and paste my highly polished Taycan side panel onto this Macan!).

BTW - is that an ICE panel with std gas fuel door (attached to an EV testing mule) or are they placing the AC/DC charge ports on the rear of the Macan?

Macan EV Macan EV Interior Spied Uncovered! + Latest Cold Climate Testing Photos Screenshot 2023-04-11 at 3.52.51 PM

Last edited:

tomtom901

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD ST
Country flag
Not sure, but likely Apple CarKey support (like our BMW iX has). It will require new hardware as it uses UWB. Add it to the list of expectations for the Taycan facelift.
Sigh, I would pay to get this retro fitted. One of the few things I mis from my Tesla was the phone key experience.

JonoNZ

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Sigh, I would pay to get this retro fitted. One of the few things I mis from my Tesla was the phone key experience.
Apple CarKey is more advanced than the Tesla system which I think uses bluetooth.

miloshs

First Name
Milos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y
Country flag
It's a prototype so I won't be surprised if it has a smaller battery. No way Porsche releases a sub-300km EV in 2023/2024.
It does look like it was 0.5C outside during this drive... so... quite possible the mileage is correct on this photo. Also battery at 27c, so not likely they have been pushing it hard :)

That would equal 286km at 100% which is possible with 0.5C and cold battery to start (maybe cold before the pic and drive).

Hope I am wrong, looking for at least 350km in winter times