• Welcome to MacanEVowners! If you're joining us from Taycanforum.com, then you may already have an account here.

If you were registered on Taycanforum as of January 24, 2024 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password

If you wish, you can remove your account here.

Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan S; 2021 Taycan 4S; 2023 911 GTS Cab
Country flag
I’ve noticed that, no matter how you move those circles, the air still flows into the car. That’s job done. (I have low standards, it helps.)
Ok. Fair enough. 🤣

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T (EV upgrade a tempter!)
Country flag
Looks very nice indeed. Vents seem to be manually adjustable now, there appears to be a physical volume button, and the closed cubby would be more useful than a tray under the screen.

I am not bothered by the current layout or absence of buttons; I rarely touch the climate controls, and the seat heating appears to continue on as a soft button (my most used feature). However, i agree with @tigerbalm, the console display is just a useless large screen. I guess its only advantage is the ability to see charging status at a glance from (far) outside the car.
Looks like a refinement / carryover from the current Macan / Panamera - which offer something very similar.

Interesting that Porsche have effectively U-turned on 'best practice' - the Panamera was launched with more buttons in the centre console than you could possibly cope with on the guidance that a 'function should have its own button and therefore be tactile' from the "experts". That then morphed into haptic touch for most things and manual for audio and AC. Then came the Taycan which went touch and no manual for just about everything. Now we have the new Macan, Panamera, 911 and Cayenne with a mix of haptic and analogue. I wonder what those "experts" are saying to it now...the public have spoken! It will be of no great surprise that the same arrangement will appear in the facelifted Taycan.

Reactions: D00

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T (EV upgrade a tempter!)
Country flag
I’ve noticed that, no matter how you move those circles, the air still flows into the car. That’s job done. (I have low standards, it helps.)
You to switch the AC to OFF to suppress any flow it seems.