• Welcome to MacanEVowners! If you're joining us from Taycanforum.com, then you may already have an account here.

If you were registered on Taycanforum as of January 24, 2024 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password

If you wish, you can remove your account here.

D00

First Name
Doo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Cayenne, Much Missed 911 C4S
Country flag
That's a new purple color for Macan. I wonder if they'll introduce any other new colors for the Macan BEV.

Kyle Conner says that he was told that US cars will get glass roof and air suspension standard, even in the Macan 4 (unless I misunderstood what he said). For me, that's unfortunate, as I want neither (you can currently get the Cayenne and Macan with all-metal roof and steel suspension in the US). I hope that Kyle is wrong. The air suspension keeps causing big problems in Porsches and virtually all other brands of cars that have it; not worth the expense and the potential for break-downs.
No air suspension problems here in 6 years.

iamai

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan TS
Country flag
So indeed 5.1 seconds 0-60 for the base model and 3.3 seconds for the Turbo one.

5.1 is odd given it has more HP and torque than my MME - and my Mach-e does it in 4.8 seconds. Guess the Macan will be quite a bit heavier.

Missing the prices now, afraid the Turbo will be too expensive for my budget.
Yeah, your 4.8 on Mach-E was possible like it was on my GTPE's claimed 3.5. It is a pipe dream and there are plenty of youtube videos to prove it.

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
Hmmm... they moved the charging ports to the back, so anyone switching from a Taycan would have to re-install their garage EVSE to a new location (or drag the cable if long enough). Anyone who would get a Macan EV as a second car could not charge in the Taycan parking place in the garage either. Odd to have such lack of user experience consistency across models.

cometguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Panamera 4 ST E-Hybrid; planned Taycan CT4
Country flag
Do you know of any Porsche or industry data about failure or recall rates for air suspension?

I am very unfamiliar with the issue so not saying you’re wrong. Rather trying to assess how common/widespread it is beyond people talking about it on internet boards (where anything is amplified tenfold).
I don't know about recall rates, but air suspension is known in Panamera world to be a huge problem. It's just a question of "when"; I had an air suspension failure happen within three years of new, under warranty. Just go to Rennlist forums and search for "air suspension" problems/issues, and you'll find plenty.

tmrqs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan Turbo Electric ordered!
Country flag
I don't know about recall rates, but air suspension is known in Panamera world to be a huge problem. It's just a question of "when"; I had an air suspension failure happen within three years of new, under warranty. Just go to Rennlist forums and search for "air suspension" problems/issues, and you'll find plenty.
Thank you, will look into this!

unbiased

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota
Country flag
I was on the US configurator yesterday, only one year of free EA charging.

BJCanadaMax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MINI SE, Toyota Prius
Country flag
What bothers me now with the cross turismo is the big rear spoiler. it shows tons of room for improvement there. wonder what starting price is for Boxter.

Gstahl

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Macan GTS and others
Country flag
Air Suspension

Thank you, will look into this!
Point of reference...

We have had 4 Porsches with air suspension (our Cayenne GTS is now 12 years old), and there were no problems with them.

While this is not scientific (nor is it a forum search scientific). As someone who has owned a Porsche with air suspension, I would not hesitate to get air suspension nor decide to pass on a model because of it.

soul_electrified

First Name
Swen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Porsche Carrera 4 , Porsche Macan
Country flag
I Think Porsche is software limited. Because they will still sell ice cars. The same with me Taycan 4s
The new software is complete different from all you know from the Taycan.