• Welcome to MacanEVowners! If you're joining us from Taycanforum.com, then you may already have an account here.

If you were registered on Taycanforum as of January 24, 2024 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password

If you wish, you can remove your account here.

2024 Macan EV interior revealed + more specs! 600hp / 737 lb-ft, 300+ Miles Range

allroadusa

First Name
Jerome
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+ Pure White
Country flag
Actually, I see through this new PCM release the addition of "Android Automotive OS" compatible apps (Youtube, etc.). To me this not incompatible with a future update of our Taycan. This might be a wishful thinking but as you all say, let's see.

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
Maybe I'm getting old, but when I see these announcements, I just think to myself "sure, let's see what actually gets delivered and when", given the typical disparity of announced features vs. delivered features. Once Macan EV shows up, I will definitely go test drive it. If it's good, it might replace my wife's Q8 eTron when it's time (assuming she likes it, I test drive first, narrow down the list, then she test drives the final list). Of course if the process is like it was with my Taycan where I spent over a year cold-calling dealers to even find an allocation, 20 months deposit to delivery, she truly doesn't care enough to wait these range of timeframes, so it will likely be some other brand which is available when she's ready for the next car.

SCOUBI22222

First Name
ARNAUD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
PORSCHE TAYCAN ST
Country flag
No frunk too bad :( but the head-up display is very complete, with augmented reality and has a significantly larger size

mikezhang31

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
As a side note, I also read this update will bring much faster route calculation from Cloud and Porsche may extend the Porsche Connect features free for 10 years instead of 3. Stay tuned.
Free for 10 years will be amazing 🤩

First Name
Wiley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Turbo, VW ID.4 AWD Pro S, BMW i3
Country flag
Note to Porsche engineers: please find a way to incorporate the Apple Car play/google map screen into the cluster behind the steering wheel. Perhaps the Macan tech will benefit us Taycan canaries.
Agreed. I’ve rented the Polestar 2 a couple of times from Hertz, and it has this feature already. The car uses Google maps by default (Polestar uses Android Automotive), but you can use CarPlay to put Apple Maps in the instrument cluster.

Of course, unlike Porsche, Polestar hasn’t built in support for Apple Maps EV navigation…

refazi

First Name
Refael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S, 2020 Macan, BMW i8, Audi ETron
Country flag
Youtube video on passenger display? Why not on our Taycans? And I notice optional apps / app store. What do you all think? Will our Taycan get the same software update?

View attachment 62684
The UI looks similar but underneath the system now runs Android and the taycan doesn't..

trixxiee_CH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS Sport Turismo 2023
Agreed. I’ve rented the Polestar 2 a couple of times from Hertz, and it has this feature already. The car uses Google maps by default (Polestar uses Android Automotive), but you can use CarPlay to put Apple Maps in the instrument cluster.

Of course, unlike Porsche, Polestar hasn’t built in support for Apple Maps EV navigation…
Android Auto and Apple CarPlay (Porsche says 85 percent of its customers use Apple iPhones) are also better integrated now, with the non-Porsche map applications now porting to the driver's instrument cluster for improved visibility.

https://www.motortrend.com/news/2025-porsche-macan-ev-first-look-review/

I would love to have this feature in my Taycan...

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T (EV upgrade a tempter!)
Country flag
I don't understand why it took 5 years for Porsche to develop the Macan EV with very similar Taycan tech. Maybe I'm wrong I don't see what's new in the PPE platform aside of bigger battery.
Cash cow - no need to replace the Macan so soon - is my guess. Also some doubt in Porsche's minds how it might sell with a plan to offer both ICE and EV side by side. Not sure there'll be a stampede in UK for the EV given we have (stupidly) pushes the ICE deadline out to 2035 (previously 2030).

Macan EV will owe a lot to Taycan early adopters.

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Not sure there'll be a stampede in UK for the EV given we have (stupidly) pushes the ICE deadline out to 2035 (previously 2030).
Automotive manufacturers need to make EV's compelling for people to buy, not count on some government legislation to force the sale of EV's. Elon proved it long ago, if you want to sell EV's, you build ones which people want over ICE car. Governments can help by providing incentives for EV manufacturing, purchasing, or charging infrastructure (though don't do it the way Biden administration did it in the USA, which had great intentions, but an opposite effect - nobody, except Tesla, is building out charging infrastructure because Biden administration allocated over a billion in incentives for charging infrastructure two years ago, but are still debating on who will qualify and how, which in turn causes everyone to pause building out DC chargers while they wait to see how they can qualify for a piece of those funds, building now to find out later that you used some non-US-made tech which disqualifies you from getting the incentive would be a bad business decision).

fullmetalbaal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Good news is that it looks to be confirmed that they are ditching the stupid transmission.
Bad news is that efficiency numbers are a bit disappointing (and with it range and weight).

Also doesn't look like they solved the UI issues. Willing to bet this is another "we changed the platform, now we can improve the actual experience in a later update".

Actually, except for undoing the dumb idea of using a transmission, there's remarkably little here that is meaningfully better than what the Taycan offered in 2019. I would have expected more progress in 5 years.

andb

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera TS
Country flag
The UI looks similar but underneath the system now runs Android and the taycan doesn't..
Who is going to support the PCM6 in Taycan? Cariad seems working on Android automotive OS now. I hope Porsche won't forget their first EV.

Good news is that it looks to be confirmed that they are ditching the stupid transmission.
Bad news is that efficiency numbers are a bit disappointing (and with it range and weight).

Also doesn't look like they solved the UI issues. Willing to bet this is another "we changed the platform, now we can improve the actual experience in a later update".

Actually, except for undoing the dumb idea of using a transmission, there's remarkably little here that is meaningfully better than what the Taycan offered in 2019. I would have expected more progress in 5 years.
Put the 100kwh battery in the Taycan and you get the same range or maybe more at high speed.
I can't find any innovation in the Macan EV still heavy and not very efficient, they could have copied the Lucid drive train in those years but probably the PPE platform was ready two years ago and until now they worked on software.
Porsche really messed up the strategy and wasted precious time. Instead of optimizing the drive train efficiency they worked on software which they didn't do right and started again from scratch.
BMW did it better even if their platform is ICE based the efficiency is pretty good. Probably my next car will be the I7.

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Who is going to support the PCM6 in Taycan? Cariad seems working on Android automotive OS now. I hope Porsche won't forget their first EV.
Ha, ha, welcome to the 21st century car software conundrum - how long is the manufacturer on the hook to maintain the onboard software? 4 years, 8 years, 10 years, 20 years, 40 years? Nobody knows, and in a lot of circumstances nobody thought about it before they shipped the car out. It's a similar problem as with cell phones, except for 2 major differences:
  1. Cars have a much longer life cycle than cell phones (12+ years, vs 4)
  2. Hacking a car has potentially much more dire consequences than hacking a phone.
The fact that the cars are internet connected means they require continuous patching for security vulnerabilities. Any 10 year old, un-updated software is trivial to hack. While OTA capabilities help keep your car secured while the updates are still released, after no more updates are produced, the OTA becomes yet another vulnerability (hackers can use it to download their own software onto your car).

Has any reporter ever ask Porsche how long they plan to support the current PCM, and what their end-of-support strategy is?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Saw the Macan Electric yesterday in person at the Taycan factory tour in Stuttgart. It looks nicer than expected! I like it.