• Welcome to MacanEVowners! If you're joining us from Taycanforum.com, then you may already have an account here.

If you were registered on Taycanforum as of January 24, 2024 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password

If you wish, you can remove your account here.

Macan EV spy pics

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T (EV upgrade a tempter!)
Country flag
Looks like a collection of parts from the VW parts bin - Taycan cockpit, pillarless doors from the Taycan, headlights (sort of) from the Taycan and so on.

I think it will be a mega seller which will help fund the evolution of the rest of the range.

Perhaps better posted on the Macan forum though.

285kph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 BMW X5 - 2021 Taycan - 2022 BMW X5 45e
Country flag
Looks like a collection of parts from the VW parts bin - Taycan cockpit, pillarless doors from the Taycan, headlights (sort of) from the Taycan and so on.
None of those are interchangeable, nor come from a "VW parts bin", not even ":sort of".

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4
Country flag
First impression: not my cup of tea.
where’s the elegance of the lines?
imo, just another SUV :rolleyes:

OP
OP
Kingske

Kingske

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2014 BMW 3 GT
Country flag
First impression: not my cup of tea.
where’s the elegance of the lines?
imo, just another SUV :rolleyes:
I also prefer sedans over SUVs, but - in the US at least - I may be in the minority. My wife, for example, may be genuinely interested in an EV Macan ...

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4
Country flag
I also prefer sedans over SUVs, but - in the US at least - I may be in the minority. My wife, for example, may be genuinely interested in an EV Macan ...
i’d love to have SUV if it would have lines like Taycan.

Skilly

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Where those lights fit the design of the Taycan, they sure don't with the Macan - I can understand them using them as a design cue for the electric fleet, but they should have made the light itself into a formfactor that fits the Macan.

It looks rushed and a vehicle version of 'frankenstein'.

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
Where those lights fit the design of the Taycan, they sure don't with the Macan - I can understand them using them as a design cue for the electric fleet, but they should have made the light itself into a formfactor that fits the Macan.

Keep in mind it is a test mule. Easy for me to see past the camo - definitely looks to have Cayenne style tail lights.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
None of those are interchangeable, nor come from a "VW parts bin", not even ":sort of".
Pinch of salt, anyone?

I think when we see for real there will be lots of VW embossed plastic moldings as per the wider range (look closely at your Taycan / Audi / etc) and for sure there will be shared components - basic economics.

Perhaps we're also seeing the new headlights of a major facelifted Taycan debuting here also. (I sincerely hope the additional lights don't see the light of day (no pun intended) as despite the disguise it does look plug ugly and like something from the Far East.

Reactions: B61
OP
OP
Kingske

Kingske

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2014 BMW 3 GT
Country flag

I presume the car in these pictures is still a deformed mule of some kind. The final production version will probably look better.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
i’d love to have SUV if it would have lines like Taycan.
Someone did share a render with the Taycan front fused on and also for a '911-ish coupe' - didn't look that bad.

Skilly

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Keep in mind it is a test mule. Easy for me to see past the camo - definitely looks to have Cayenne style tail lights.
its the front of the car that has me commenting. All of that is likely in its final form.

To your point on the rear tail, I think that's on point - it follows a theme that ties the fleet together, but still looks tailored to the Macan rather than the lighting dictating the metal forms.

tbinmd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150, 991.2 GT3
Country flag
The roof line looks more sloped in the back, along with the slope of the rear glass. Makes it look smaller.

PerPower

First Name
Per
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Y Performance, Taycan 4S+
Country flag
There’s still a lot of camouflage - e.g. fake window trim. Looking forward to the reveal later next year.

Macan EV Macan EV spy pics B29775FB-078C-49CF-AAE2-E500435D493A

Needsdecaf

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
997.2 Turbo S, Cayenne Diesel, Cayenne E_Hybrid
Country flag
Perhaps we're also seeing the new headlights of a major facelifted Taycan debuting here also. (I sincerely hope the additional lights don't see the light of day (no pun intended) as despite the disguise it does look plug ugly and like something from the Far East.
No, you're not.

Unfortunately, this Macan has gone the way of the Jeep Cherokee and various Huyndai models and opted for a "driving light" upper pod that's supposed to resemble headlights, but is too slim, and therefore can't so the actual headlight in an "80's style" (to me anyway) section below. IMO, it's one of the WORST trends in automotive design. And honestly, if this is true, a complete deal breaker for me.

UGH, I shouldn't have looked at the Palisade. Cannot unsee now looking at the Macan. SO disappointed.

For reference:

Macan EV Macan EV spy pics eep-Cherokee-SUV-Sport-4dr-Front-wheel-Drive-Photo

Macan EV Macan EV spy pics ent%2Fuploads%2F2019%2F06%2F2020-Hyundai-Palisade3