• Welcome to MacanEVowners! If you're joining us from Taycanforum.com, then you may already have an account here.

If you were registered on Taycanforum as of January 24, 2024 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password

If you wish, you can remove your account here.

Michelin Pilot Sport EV has got NE0 type approval (for Macan EV)

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
And I don't think a Porsche Centre would supply and fit a non-marked tyre!

Am I being stupidly paranoid about my ceramic discs?
No Porsche shops will only supply and fit NF0 tyres I believe. My service guy certainly said so.

You are correct that the Ceramic discs are very sensitive to any knocks and that could result in an expensive repair bill. So I don’t think you are over sensitive at all

I do not have the Ceramic discs and I have also bought two of these bolts that I bring to the tyre shop. There is more a danger that the paint on the rims could be damaged for me. The tyre shops I have used have been good and helpful and used these guide bolts without problems. I have myself used these as well when changing to winter wheels, and two of them mounted at the same wheel guides the wheel out safely!

https://teile.com/en/porsche-parts-...es/wheel-mounting-guide-bolt-spare-ture/20424

Macan EV Michelin Pilot Sport EV has got NE0 type approval (for Macan EV) 1688374728146

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
It is interesting. Michelin, Pirelli and Goodyear offering specific EV tires. Benefits should be less noise and better range up to 10%. This would interest me too. Some add a foam layer in the tire. I think Mercedes and Volvo already offer this as an option from factory.

I looked at the 20 inch michelin EV: front tires available 245-45-20 but rear 285-40-20 are not. Would it make sense only changing the front ones? Presumably those will have the biggest effect on noise?

tchavei

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Too many to list. Includes a MY23 Taycan RWD
Country flag
I wouldn't mix brands / models

I wanted to put Hankook iON or Michelin EV tyres but the NF0 rating got me (mostly for warranty purposes... Don't want a warranty denial on air suspension with the excuse of non NF0 rated tyres).

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 + Mini Electric in 2024/5
Country flag
No Porsche shops will only supply and fit NF0 tyres I believe. My service guy certainly said so.

You are correct that the Ceramic discs are very sensitive to any knocks and that could result in an expensive repair bill. So I don’t think you are over sensitive at all

I do not have the Ceramic discs and I have also bought two of these bolts that I bring to the tyre shop. There is more a danger that the paint on the rims could be damaged for me. The tyre shops I have used have been good and helpful and used these guide bolts without problems. I have myself used these as well when changing to winter wheels, and two of them mounted at the same wheel guides the wheel out safely!

https://teile.com/en/porsche-parts-...es/wheel-mounting-guide-bolt-spare-ture/20424

1688374728146.jpeg
+1
Also have a set of these metal guides I actually use myself when taking my wheels on/off - highly recommended - got mine from Suncoast here in US.

Last edited:
OP
OP
tigerbalm

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
Actually, I was being a little pessimistic on my Pirelli P Zero's – they have 5.5mm of thread left on them after 8,500km. They'll hold for this season any my upcoming road-trip.

I am still surprised there is no 21" Michelin NF0-marked offering.