• Welcome to MacanEVowners! If you're joining us from Taycanforum.com, then you may already have an account here.

If you were registered on Taycanforum as of January 24, 2024 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password

If you wish, you can remove your account here.

mako

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC60 T8
Country flag
It's been two weeks since the drive, but here are some highlights:

- Handling and steering is best in electric cars I have experienced, after Taycan. It's really fun to drive curvy roads
- The car feels practical for daily use, lot of space
- Interior doesn't feel very luxorius, it feels more practical and high-tech
- Unlike some other brands, I was able to use infotainment immediately
- Turbo's acceleration is crazy!
- Air suspension is incredible, it's rigid and soft at the same time - thanks to two chamber structure
- I have some minor doubts about ergonomy - middle armrest is fixed so you can't raise it or move forward. But I decided to get used to it. Also steering wheel adjustments might not be enough for small persons
- InnoDrive has been complained a lot, but for me it worked very smoothly in highway
- AR HUD is impressive and I selected it, but I understand some reviews saying it's distracting
- 22" wheels makes some noise in Finnish rough asphalt, so I selected 20" wheels

Raw footage from test drive :)

Macan EV My 2025 Macan Turbo EV Test Drive Impressions / Review IMG_2288

Macan EV My 2025 Macan Turbo EV Test Drive Impressions / Review IMG_2286

Macan EV My 2025 Macan Turbo EV Test Drive Impressions / Review IMG_2285

MeMyselfAndI

First Name
Pieter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan (MY 21)
Country flag
Thanks for sharing your experience! Sad to hear about the noise levels of the 22" wheels... They where comfortable enough though?

JayGT4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT4 / Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Thanks for posting your test drive review! Independent test drive impressions have been hard to come by. I'm hoping my roads here are good enough for a smooth and not too noisy experience with the 22" wheels.

What did you think of Aventurine Green in partly/mostly cloudy conditions? Does the metallic still show nicely? What color did you personally order?

OP
OP
mako

mako

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC60 T8
Country flag
Thanks for sharing your experience! Sad to hear about the noise levels of the 22" wheels... They where comfortable enough though?
Yes, 22" wheels felt good otherwise. Finnish asphalt is very rough because most of the people use studded tires in wintertime and it hurts the road surface. This problem is not only related to Macan, Audi Q6 was even noisier with similar wheels.

OP
OP
mako

mako

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC60 T8
Country flag
What did you think of Aventurine Green in partly/mostly cloudy conditions? Does the metallic still show nicely? What color did you personally order?
This is very subjective, but for me Aventurine Green didn't look especially impressive at cloudy weather. But I'm having difficult times choosing the color anyway - I have selected Slate Grey Neo with offroad design, but I haven't found any photos of Macan with that color.

JBA

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Porsche GT3, 2022 Audi SQ5
Country flag
I rode in a Aventurine Green Macan Turbo at the Porsche Experience Center in Atlanta last week (8/20/24). It even had the same wheels. The Turbonite trim looked really nice with the Aventurine Green, but I was a little disappointed with the color on the Macan. Even the Porsche driver that took me around the tract commented the color looked much better on smaller vehicles.

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I rode in a Aventurine Green Macan Turbo at the Porsche Experience Center in Atlanta last week (8/20/24). It even had the same wheels. The Turbonite trim looked really nice with the Aventurine Green, but I was a little disappointed with the color on the Macan. Even the Porsche driver that took me around the tract commented the color looked much better on smaller vehicles.
Really interesting to hear as this has been my concern. I really, REALLY like Aventurine Green on Caymans & 911s as an understated, retro styling. I was concerned it'd look boring on the Macan; too much real estate of grayish color.

Sahajesh

First Name
Sahajesh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW iX3
Country flag
Agree. If you’re going to pick something at a cost that will look grey most of the time, then pick an actual decent grey like Slate Neo.

Yves

First Name
Yves
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW iX / Audi Q7
Country flag
Cool to hear a review from a none journalist, I’ve selected the 20 inch as well for comfort and consumption … maybe I will take 21inch later on if I don’t like the look and can reuse them for winter tires … but all blacked out those 20 inch Turbo wheels look nice …

Alex74

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 CT, 356(1963), Macan Turbo EV (on order)
Country flag
This colour is better on the 911. I had chosen this colour first , but changed it into Oak Green instead.