• Welcome to MacanEVowners! If you're joining us from Taycanforum.com, then you may already have an account here.

If you were registered on Taycanforum as of January 24, 2024 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password

If you wish, you can remove your account here.

Bennie

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan 4, MINI Cooper S
Country flag
I’m in the same boat: Pirelli PZero… I‘m trying to find (bad) reasons to go beyond that :p
I just got a call from the dealer. Replacing the Bridgestone tires with Michelins costs € 2400 😳

And to make matters worse: the dealer and the supplier will NOT take back the Bridgestones. They already have too much stock...
So my dealer does not do what, according to what Alex wrote above, a dealer in Belgium does. According to his answer on my previous question, the dealer is willing to change them by delivery.

Unbelievable that for such an expensive car, you have to depend on Porsche‘s tire-roulette. If you look at the configurator, you can see that the tires are not all equally good. The Bridgestones have a higher rolling resistance (C) and are therefore less economical. Important for an EV. The Pirelli's also have a C rating. Michelin does this better with a B score.

The Bridgestones, like the Pirellis, are fairly quiet. Apparently, if you put everything together, GoodYear Is the best choice.

Final conclusion: as a customer of an expensive car, I have no influence whatsoever on the choice of tires that I drive on about 40K to 50K kilometers. Porsche's roulette dictates this.
As long as you pay, you can get every option at Porsche. Tailor made, except the tires. Customer unfriendliness at its finest?

Flxjet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
992s
Country flag
Nope, delivery to the dealership moved to 27/09 - 11/10 if I remmer correctly. End October would be projected delivery time to me …
Also have one turbo coming next week in Brussels iam being told

Greenmachine

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4 Range Rover, Tacoma
Country flag
If it makes you feel any better you will probably find that you will be changing the tires long before 40,000k - plan to buy a new set of tires every 20,000k if you drive the car like the rest of us.