• Welcome to MacanEVowners! If you're joining us from Taycanforum.com, then you may already have an account here.

If you were registered on Taycanforum as of January 24, 2024 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password

If you wish, you can remove your account here.

DuckMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
X5 40i, TRD Taco, K1200RS. past: M5, M3, 135i S2.
Country flag
Awesome pics. Does anyone know if Porsche installs the license plate mounts on every car coming out of the factory? I never install my front plates and hate when dealers do it.
Indeed it looks like crap. Always used the tow hook option on my M cars and the dealers never touched the front, but this will be a first for us with Porsche, and I'm not sure what to expect.

Sideline

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
E450 wagon
Country flag
Nice to see so many cars are delivered. Mine is expected end of September.
I see Bridgestone, Good Year and Pirelli tires on the 21ā€ rims. No Michelin? Iā€™m very satisfied with the Michelins on my Taycan. The dealer told me I canā€™t choose the tires, the factory does this for you šŸ˜³
Has anyone seen Michelins on the 21ā€?
Not 21 inch rim but saw the Michelin Pilot Sport All Season 4 today on a Macan Turbo:

Macan EV New Macan 4 and Turbo EV delivery to local dealer (photos) PXL_20240910_173617968.RAW-01.COVER

Macan EV New Macan 4 and Turbo EV delivery to local dealer (photos) PXL_20240910_174052395.RAW-01.COVER

Macan EV New Macan 4 and Turbo EV delivery to local dealer (photos) PXL_20240910_174111029.RAW-01.COVER

Yves

First Name
Yves
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW iX / Audi Q7
Country flag
So I asked where my Macan Turbo was, it was promised 20/9 but got bumped to 20/10. Now I got a message that it will be at the Porsche dealership 23/9 at the latest šŸ¤Æ ā€¦. Now all of a sudden I need to hurry up. šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

tmrqs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan Turbo Electric ordered!
Country flag
So I asked where my Macan Turbo was, it was promised 20/9 but got bumped to 20/10. Now I got a message that it will be at the Porsche dealership 23/9 at the latest šŸ¤Æ ā€¦. Now all of a sudden I need to hurry up. šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø
Not the best communicationā€¦ but at least youā€™re just a few days away!

grizzler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Another Macan orderer received the info from his salesperson that the "big update" has a release from Porsche and they are beginning to update macans.

OP
OP
Alex74

Alex74

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 CT, 356(1963), Macan Turbo EV (on order)
Country flag
Nice to see so many cars are delivered. Mine is expected end of September.
I see Bridgestone, Good Year and Pirelli tires on the 21ā€ rims. No Michelin? Iā€™m very satisfied with the Michelins on my Taycan. The dealer told me I canā€™t choose the tires, the factory does this for you šŸ˜³
Has anyone seen Michelins on the 21ā€?
No, but the dealer is willing to change them , by delivery.

OP
OP
Alex74

Alex74

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 CT, 356(1963), Macan Turbo EV (on order)
Country flag
Who is your dealer? Also latem?

Greenmachine

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4 Range Rover, Tacoma
Country flag
Just been to see the 6 cars that arrived at Porsche Marin last night. One turbo and five 4s. I promised not to post exterior photos as they were customer cars that still had weeks of dirt on them from sitting at port.

Here are some interior photos and some observations from an existing Taycan owner.

1. Frunk is smaller than I hoped, not terrible just not as big as the Taycan and not large enough for my cool bag. The auto opening feature is great and will be perfect for small grocery shops.
2. Aventurine green looks darker in real life, as does Volcano. Copper ruby is very nice in the flesh and would probably be my choice if my wife hadnā€™t already chosen FBM
3. Interior fit and finish is very high, as expected, rose gold is better in the flesh but still not to my wifeā€™s liking. Standard silver finish on door handles looks like a very good match for brushed aluminum door trim. Wood trims were not my favorite, slightly plasticky with fake texture to that just my opinion.
4 Turbonite looks better in real life, a good option if you donā€™t want black or silver
5. Wheel options were probably my biggest disappointment - they didnā€™t have the Sport wheels that I optioned by they did have the off road ones. Off road wheels excepted they all somehow felt like they were over complex and pretending to be something they werenā€™t. I get the aero coverage idea but none of them looked that premium.
6. Deviated stitching is gorgeous if you can afford it, doors without full leather feel cheap compared to full leather option but bear in mind that I have a lot of leather in my Taycan. If it is your first Porsche and you are on a budget I get it and it still feels like a very well crafted and solid finished
7. Tow hook is meaty, costs $2600 to get it done after the fact so I would recommend everyone spec it if there is any chance you might use it.
8. Trunk space similar to the Cross Tourismo, probably good for 4 for a long road trip if you are a good packer but you are going to need roof rails and a box if you need to pack anything more.
9. Minor gripe
the net pockets on the back of the seats, legroom isnā€™t huge and I would be surprised if anyone ever used them for anything - to be this feels a little cheap.

In summary this is a very similar feeling car to the Taycan. No discernible shortcuts in fit or finish, much easier to get in and out and very good looking in the metal.

Personally feel reassured that this will be a great car to own and perfect for us when the Taycan is just too low and fuel inefficient to take on more adventurous road trips.

I could only get inside 3 cars and none were updated with software or switched on so apologies on the limited findings here. I used the visit to help my wife make final choices on trim detailing.

The SA was very impressed after driving the 4 on training. He was raving about the handling, interior and in particular the lighting strip inside which responds to things like cars in your blind spot.

He confirmed that they should have them ready for customer pickup by the 20th.

Macan EV New Macan 4 and Turbo EV delivery to local dealer (photos) IMG_2654

Macan EV New Macan 4 and Turbo EV delivery to local dealer (photos) IMG_2652

Macan EV New Macan 4 and Turbo EV delivery to local dealer (photos) IMG_2651

Macan EV New Macan 4 and Turbo EV delivery to local dealer (photos) IMG_2642

Macan EV New Macan 4 and Turbo EV delivery to local dealer (photos) IMG_2635

Macan EV New Macan 4 and Turbo EV delivery to local dealer (photos) IMG_2638

Macan EV New Macan 4 and Turbo EV delivery to local dealer (photos) IMG_2639

Macan EV New Macan 4 and Turbo EV delivery to local dealer (photos) IMG_2648

Macan EV New Macan 4 and Turbo EV delivery to local dealer (photos) IMG_2649

Fun TC Driving

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
iX M60, C8 Z06
Country flag
Thank you very much. Very helpful and I added in the tow hitch as a result.

Please can you confirm that this Oak Silver Metallic?

Much appreciated your pictures and comments!

Macan EV New Macan 4 and Turbo EV delivery to local dealer (photos) IMG_4878

Sideline

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
E450 wagon
Country flag
Just been to see the 6 cars that arrived at Porsche Marin last night. One turbo and five 4s. I promised not to post exterior photos as they were customer cars that still had weeks of dirt on them from sitting at port.

Here are some interior photos and some observations from an existing Taycan owner.

1. Frunk is smaller than I hoped, not terrible just not as big as the Taycan and not large enough for my cool bag. The auto opening feature is great and will be perfect for small grocery shops.
2. Aventurine green looks darker in real life, as does Volcano. Copper ruby is very nice in the flesh and would probably be my choice if my wife hadnā€™t already chosen FBM
3. Interior fit and finish is very high, as expected, rose gold is better in the flesh but still not to my wifeā€™s liking. Standard silver finish on door handles looks like a very good match for brushed aluminum door trim. Wood trims were not my favorite, slightly plasticky with fake texture to that just my opinion.
4 Turbonite looks better in real life, a good option if you donā€™t want black or silver
5. Wheel options were probably my biggest disappointment - they didnā€™t have the Sport wheels that I optioned by they did have the off road ones. Off road wheels excepted they all somehow felt like they were over complex and pretending to be something they werenā€™t. I get the aero coverage idea but none of them looked that premium.
6. Deviated stitching is gorgeous if you can afford it, doors without full leather feel cheap compared to full leather option but bear in mind that I have a lot of leather in my Taycan. If it is your first Porsche and you are on a budget I get it and it still feels like a very well crafted and solid finished
7. Tow hook is meaty, costs $2600 to get it done after the fact so I would recommend everyone spec it if there is any chance you might use it.
8. Trunk space similar to the Cross Tourismo, probably good for 4 for a long road trip if you are a good packer but you are going to need roof rails and a box if you need to pack anything more.
9. Minor gripe
the net pockets on the back of the seats, legroom isnā€™t huge and I would be surprised if anyone ever used them for anything - to be this feels a little cheap.

In summary this is a very similar feeling car to the Taycan. No discernible shortcuts in fit or finish, much easier to get in and out and very good looking in the metal.

Personally feel reassured that this will be a great car to own and perfect for us when the Taycan is just too low and fuel inefficient to take on more adventurous road trips.

I could only get inside 3 cars and none were updated with software or switched on so apologies on the limited findings here. I used the visit to help my wife make final choices on trim detailing.

The SA was very impressed after driving the 4 on training. He was raving about the handling, interior and in particular the lighting strip inside which responds to things like cars in your blind spot.

He confirmed that they should have them ready for customer pickup by the 20th.

IMG_2654.jpeg

IMG_2652.jpeg

IMG_2651.jpeg

IMG_2642.jpeg

IMG_2635.jpeg

IMG_2638.jpeg

IMG_2639.jpeg

IMG_2648.jpeg

IMG_2649.jpeg
Thanks for the photos and review! In the vehicle with the Extended Leather option (the one with the Summerwood door inserts and Chalk Beige/Black leather), did you happen to notice if the outer surround of the centre console "grab handle" was in leather? With the regular (not Extended) leather package, the outer surround is a hard plastic. It looks fine but doesn't feel as premium to the touch for an area that you are likely to rest your hand. For clarity, I'm not referring to the inner piece of the grab handle which matches the door pulls and trim bar along the doors and dash; I'm referring to the part that surrounds the grab handle and extends down to the lower storage half of the centre console.

Greenmachine

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thank you very much. Very helpful and I added in the tow hitch as a result.

Please can you confirm that this Oak Silver Metallic?

Much appreciated your pictures and comments!

IMG_4878.jpeg
Yes it is. I didnā€™t like the wood grain texture as it felt plasticky to me but I appreciate every one has different tastes.

Greenmachine

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thanks for the photos and review! In the vehicle with the Extended Leather option (the one with the Summerwood door inserts and Chalk Beige/Black leather), did you happen to notice if the outer surround of the centre console "grab handle" was in leather? With the regular (not Extended) leather package, the outer surround is a hard plastic. It looks fine but doesn't feel as premium to the touch for an area that you are likely to rest your hand. For clarity, I'm not referring to the inner piece of the grab handle which matches the door pulls and trim bar along the doors and dash; I'm referring to the part that surrounds the grab handle and extends down to the lower storage half of the centre console.
That was the one car I couldnā€™t get into and I didnā€™t ask. My belief is that is leather but Iā€™m not 100%. Hopefully the early bird customers who get their cars in a week will be able to confirm.