• Welcome to MacanEVowners! If you're joining us from Taycanforum.com, then you may already have an account here.

If you were registered on Taycanforum as of January 24, 2024 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password

If you wish, you can remove your account here.

Rear Wiper or not…

hulz99

First Name
Rahul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Porsche Macan GTS
Country flag
While I agree it looks better without the wiper, being from Chicago rear wiper is a must through rain and snow. I’ll be optioning my vehicle w wiper in high gloss black :)

wmras

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan TS, GT4 (sold), Macan Turbo, Cayman SBE 987.18
Country flag
While I agree it looks better without the wiper, being from Chicago rear wiper is a must through rain and snow. I’ll be optioning my vehicle w wiper in high gloss black :)
Our 2020 Taycan TS sedan has no wiper - love the appearance and too far ahead of everyone else to be concerned about seeing them!

bbmertz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan, Tesla Y, Ford F-150
Country flag
My wife rarely used her rear wiper even in the rain in the ICE Mcan and I never needed one on my Tesla Y. As others have stated, I would not get the rear wiper since it’s an eyesore and limits rear visibility, and use a glass sealant if you’re still concerned.

One exception is if you live in a snowy environment, then I would opt for the rear wiper as well as the heated windshield.