• Welcome to MacanEVowners! If you're joining us from Taycanforum.com, then you may already have an account here.

If you were registered on Taycanforum as of January 24, 2024 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password

If you wish, you can remove your account here.

Salary Sacrifice

Darren Taylor

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan 4
Country flag
So have taken the chance to use the UK Salary Sacrifice option through my company.
An order was placed this week for a Macan 4 and pushed the options:
Oak Green
21” five spoke wheels
Glass tilt and slide roof
PASM
HUD
Matrix led headlights
Extended chalk beige leather
18 way sports seats
Illuminated seat logo
Illuminated black cill plates
Black pack
Off road bumper
Black mirrors
Black door handles
Body coloured side blades
Black lettering and Porsche logo
Bose upgrade
Black roof rails
Comfort pack

just now waiting on the build date, my enquiries have led me to believe that the wait could be into Q1 2025 but that Macan and 4S could be sooner, but that some Macan 4 orders are flipping to 4s so May free up slots?

OP
OP
Darren Taylor

Darren Taylor

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan 4
Country flag
So have taken the chance to use the UK Salary Sacrifice option through my company.
An order was placed this week for a Macan 4 and pushed the options:
Oak Green
21” five spoke wheels
Glass tilt and slide roof
PASM
HUD
Matrix led headlights
Extended chalk beige leather
18 way sports seats
Illuminated seat logo
Illuminated black cill plates
Black pack
Off road bumper
Black mirrors
Black door handles
Body coloured side blades
Black lettering and Porsche logo
Bose upgrade
Black roof rails
Comfort pack

just now waiting on the build date, my enquiries have led me to believe that the wait could be into Q1 2025 but that Macan and 4S could be sooner, but that some Macan 4 orders are flipping to 4s so May free up slots?
Forgot the Innodrive as well 🤦‍♂️

tmrqs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan Turbo Electric ordered!
Country flag
What's "Salary Sacrifice"?
As for slots, your SA will be the best person to tell you if some are freeing up. ;)

Lastly, people tend to post their builds in the dedicated thread.

Yves

First Name
Yves
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW iX / Audi Q7
Country flag
As for slots, your SA will be the best person to tell you if some are freeing up. ;)

Well, in BE we have the same, some companies will let you trade part of your salary for items like a car or bike, the benefit is that you do not pay taxes … so in BE for example your netto Salary of a 100 becomes 200 if you buy a car (if you are in the highest tax bracket of 50%, which you are if you are looking at a Porsche 😂)

bbmertz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan, Tesla Y, Ford F-150
Country flag
I would consider upgrading to the 4S since you would take delivery sooner and have a faster vehicle for only a few thousand British pounds more.

If budget is a concern then you could partially offset the higher cost by eliminating some of the cosmetic options like black door handles and illuminated seat logos.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T (EV upgrade a tempter!)
Country flag
Forgot the Innodrive as well 🤦‍♂️
...and ACC (can't have Innodrive without it).

Power Steering Plus (PSP), Air Suspension and Sports Chrono as arguably missing from your spec too - these are more or less "essential" (Sports Chrono perhaps a marginal one). PASM takes you part way there only. If budget is the challenge then I'd spend the paint money on PSP and Air as I would on other Porsche models.

Black mirrors and handles - hmm, body colour would be my choice to be honest.

Personal choices (of course).

Why not post your Porsche Code?

This is high spec 'base model' which if purchasing privately would be a no no and the logical step is to go up the range (impacts depreciation). As mentioned by others the 4S (until the GTS appears (2026 I'd guess)) will be the sweet spot.

OP
OP
Darren Taylor

Darren Taylor

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan 4
Country flag
Had a long discussion with the dealer and th company scheme provider and they have it clarified that you don’t have to spec ACC with Innodrive - I now have that in writing(an email)

OP
OP
Darren Taylor

Darren Taylor

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan 4
Country flag
For the salary sacrifice- as stated I get a lump of my pre tax earnings taken away, which reduces the income tax and national insurance I pay, the up side is that I currently also get a hefty car allowance sum and that remains. So all things considered and having got rid of my BMW on PCP, this car will effectively cost me £400 net / extra a month. Bearing in mind for frugality I’m currently driving. 1.5litre cylinder 1 series BMW I think it’s worth it!

OP
OP
Darren Taylor

Darren Taylor

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan 4
Country flag
Unfortunately I have to deal through the salary sacrifice provider and not with a Porsche centre direct.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Had a long discussion with the dealer and th company scheme provider and they have it clarified that you don’t have to spec ACC with Innodrive - I now have that in writing(an email)
ACC is a separate option. If you then go for the more expensive option "Porsche Innodrive with Active Lane Keeping" then ACC forms part of that package.

This is now a 'bundle' for MY25 whereas previously Innodrive was listed separately or could be downloaded via Function on Demand (FoD).

Either way ACC is a physical pre-requisite for Innodrive regardless of what your dealer has said - moot point given the alternative bundles it.

To be clear then, ACC can be purchased separately (£1,092) but if you want Innodrive on top then you fork out £2,042 for the bundle.

Selecting ACC and then Porsche Innodrive with Active Lane Keeping will prompt you to deselect ACC...because its bundled!

For this ££££, air suspension and ACC would be a more rewarding choice (personally speaking). Macan EV is a heavy car (as is the Taycan) and air suspension is a "must have".

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
For the salary sacrifice- as stated I get a lump of my pre tax earnings taken away, which reduces the income tax and national insurance I pay, the up side is that I currently also get a hefty car allowance sum and that remains. So all things considered and having got rid of my BMW on PCP, this car will effectively cost me £400 net / extra a month. Bearing in mind for frugality I’m currently driving. 1.5litre cylinder 1 series BMW I think it’s worth it!
The beauty of SS for sure and therefore a "bargain".

What it will mean (as per the Taycan) is a flooded market with SS cars in 3 - 4 years which will do nothing but hammer the private buyer with depreciation.